Seattle ice cream parlor bars police carrying guns

Reptile

NES Member
The sign appeared at the Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream shop in the Capitol Hill neighborhood
A popular Seattle ice cream parlor located near the former Capitol Hill Organized Protest, or CHOP, is asking police officers to leave their guns outside.

“Police officers,” the sign reads in the window of the Capitol Hill Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream shop. “Molly Moon’s is a gun free zone. Please do not come inside if you are wearing a firearm.”

Molly Moon’s has several locations that have been gun-free for the past five years, Q13 Fox reported. But the new signage has only recently been placed at its Capitol Hill shop -- a block away from the Seattle Police Department’s East Precinct building that also served as the CHOP’s central landmark after police abandoned it in June.

I bet when they are held up and robbed, the first people they will call are police with guns.

Now that the criminals know it's a gun free zone - how long before they are robbed?

Good. I'm fine with moonbats hurting their own businesses. I think they're idiots, but I respect that they're putting their money where their mouth is.

Then again, the juvenile side of me would love to see them told by a court to "bake that cake".

Id put up a donut shop right next door wit a sign, "Armed patrons only", and watch them go out of buisness.....
In all seriousness, could one do that and not be sued and or protested for discrimination by those who do not carry a firearm?
I’ve often thought of doing this exact idea. Create a business that says you must be armed to be a patron and wondered if it could be successfully done.
FYI yes I’m aware any business can be protested I’m talking about in a sense of it being able to create a legal action that then leads to you being shut down and or forcibly closed by government.

Per Washington law (according to handgunlaw.us), as in MA, "no guns" signs do not have force of law and ignoring them does not appear to be a crime. Of course they can then press trespassing if they ask the cops to leave, but then what officer will charge a fellow officer for that crime? Furthermore, why would a cop want to support a shop that perpetuates this nonsense?

I'd be worried about a Molly Moon employee sabotaging my food. I think the police should write an open letter to the shop explaining that as long as that policy is in place no officer will respond to calls from that location. Then make some popcorn and watch the BLMs target it.

I don't see why you could not discriminate on the basis of being armed. It isn't in the preventive legislation.

Id put up a donut shop right next door wit a sign, "Armed patrons only", and watch them go out of buisness.....

1. Donuts vs ice cream?
2. You are going to focus exclusively on armed people in central seattle?
3. Have you ever been to seattle?
4. There are 4 armed citizens in central seattle.
5. I am actually surprised cops are armed in central seattle.
6. You will be out of business in 4-7 days.
7. By seattle standards, your idea is likely racist.

What is the expectation here? That they take their duty piece and lay it on the sidewalk out front while inside ordering? No, this is a thinly veiled act of discrimination. It's one thing to ask civilians to either not bring in guns or buy elsewhere. There is choice there. But police are duty bound to their sidearm, and they know that and are exploiting that point here.

This type of crap is further driving the level of disrespect felt by so many LEO's right now.

Yeah, there are bad cops. Mostly there are good cops who care. And they seem to be getting shit on at every turn.

Someone mentioned today that the retirement rate for New York City cops is up 4X over the norm. Can't say as I blame them...

This type of crap is further driving the level of disrespect felt by so many LEO's right now.

Yeah, there are bad cops. Mostly there are good cops who care. And they seem to be getting shit on at every turn.

Someone mentioned today that the retirement rate for New York City cops is up 4X over the norm. Can't say as I blame them...
100 per day

100 per day
100 here, 100 there, and soon you're talking real attrition.

NYC is trying to throttle the flow - refusing to accept more applications
per day than their process capability. And they are trying to push back with
"please don't file until a month before you want to retire". As if the filers
don't all want to retire yesterday.

Next step will be for cops with enough of a rainy day fund saved up
to tell management, "process my retirement application when you get a chance,
but I'm D-O-N-E-done - take me off the schedule".

And it's not like there won't be more incidences in the runup to the election
which give the remaining cops even more reasons for getting out of Dodge...

I'm happy for the ones that can retire, hopeful for the ones that can make a new start
in some non-First World <bleep>hole jurisdiction, and sad for the ones that can't retire.

While the people who don't want cops are going to get what they want. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't think its going to work out for them they way they think it will. The more unfortunate part is those of us that want cops to show up are going to get nobody or if they do show up we're going to get "sorry bud nothing we can do"

No 911 for you
well yes and no. if called the employees would have to call the owner to allow police to enter the store or everyone would have to come out to the street. lets see how well that would work if someone was hurt inside. i'm pretty sure cops are usually the first to respond. "bring out your dead."

I give the parlor credit - if guns are banned, the only reason police should be allowed to carry is official purposes. Treat everyone the same regardless of rank within society.

It's actually fairly easy - openly armed people will not be served, period. Police responding on official business will not be placing food orders.

Of course, there is an even easier solution that involves treating everyone as equals.

Back
Top Bottom