• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seattle gun buyback has an interesting sponsor. Amazon.com

That's funny, dont they support comm2a or goal? In the past three months I have probably spent over $2000 on their site buying firearms related items: pic rail, m16 cleaning kit, frog lube etc... WTF!!!!

dafuq happened with these two posts? this and queen bee's thread... i think something is in the water.
Yeah, I was wondering that.

It's an interesting move... sell the killy parts online, then turn around and give gift certs to take them off the streets. It's amazingly inconsistent.

Yeah, I was wondering that.

It's an interesting move... sell the killy parts online, then turn around and give gift certs to take them off the streets. It's amazingly inconsistent.

They are a business and contributing to a public service scheme run by a police department. Who knows whose arms were twisted?

Also maybe rusty old guns well be turned in and gift certificates used for new and black killy parts:)

I can't make it to Seattle for it, but I have no problem funding someone to go in my stead and pick up any AR for $350, since SPD will be offering $300. ;)

???

What makes you think Amazon will get the guns? The provided gift certificates

"The guns become property of the Seattle Police Department and will be destroyed." [after they take what they want for their personal collections]

"Participants will be met by an officer to make sure the guns are safe."

Great, remind me to never go anywhere near one of these buybacks [rolleyes]

In hindsight the "-_-" Was not sufficient for implying sarcasm

I can't make it to Seattle for it, but I have no problem funding someone to go in my stead and pick up any AR for $350, since SPD will be offering $300. ;)

$200, actually.

I wonder of they would give me a $100 gift card for the broken .22 bolt action I bought for $80 before the firing pin mushroomed... Side note: try to make sure the "replacement" pin someone put in the rifle is made of the proper metal before you buy it, if at all possible... aluminum does not work very well.

At the risk of unleashing a firestorm of people yelling at me, I honestly don't understand the fierce opposition that sometimes gets directed at gun buyback programs. You and I and people who support the 2A are never going to turn our guns in to a buyback program, but if someone inherited something and they're not a gun enthusiast, 2A supporter, etc... who cares if they want to sell their own property? You might think someone's stupid selling something for much less than they can get through a private sale, but who cares what they do with their own property?

I have a friend who is a die hard Libertarian and he works for Amazon. He's told me before the guy who runs it is supposed to be a Libertarian. I just asked him on FB wtf is up with this. Waiting for an answer...

At the risk of unleashing a firestorm of people yelling at me, I honestly don't understand the fierce opposition that sometimes gets directed at gun buyback programs. You and I and people who support the 2A are never going to turn our guns in to a buyback program, but if someone inherited something and they're not a gun enthusiast, 2A supporter, etc... who cares if they want to sell their own property? You might think someone's stupid selling something for much less than they can get through a private sale, but who cares what they do with their own property?

The problem is the cops and government tout these programs as successes to "getting dangerous guns off the street", as if the guns are coming from actual criminals who used them to commit crimes.

Also the guns are being bought solely for the purpose of destroying them. No one should support the government destroying firearms any more than you should support them having book burnings.

the Bible and the Koran have killed more people than guns could ever possibly kill. What if they had a buy back program for those two books and then burned them? Do you support that? Becuase it's EXACTLY the same thing.

I wouldnt have any problem if the guns from by backs were sold as profits for the town and not used as a political tool. "We got guns from people who don't feel confortable with them and are generating revenue for the town while making them available for responsible gun owners and collectors..." of course that wont happen anytime soon.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

the Bible and the Koran have killed more people than guns could ever possibly kill. What if they had a buy back program for those two books and then burned them? Do you support that? Becuase it's EXACTLY the same thing.

I disagree that they are exactly the same thing. A book is not a firearm and a firearm is not a book. If they were trying to collect every copy of the constitution and burn them in order to eliminate all traces of the 2A, then yes I would have a problem with that in the exact same way I would have a problem with a book burning. I completely agree that more people have died due to religious beliefs than firearms (the crusades being the most heinous example of that), but books and religious speech are a 1st amendment issue, not a 2nd.

All I'm saying is that I don't see the problem with people doing whatever it is that they want with their own property. Would you tell someone they can't sell their classic car that needs to be restored to have any real value to the junk yard for scrap? I think that's a much closer analogy than a book burning. If you think people are stupid for participating, that's one thing. But if you don't think they should be able to do what they want with their own property, then that's something entirely different.

Our problem isn't with the people, though we do think they are stupid, it's with government playing the role of Gestapo.

I really wish some of the liberal buttwipe politicians in New Hampshire would sponsor a "buy back". It wouldbe a great way to get rid of some of the crap I've accumulated that I really wouldn't feel right selling to someone. $200 for a Raven .25 auto?

Back
Top Bottom