seattle car chase and shootout

Holy shit! I'm glad they had the sense to hold off until the girl in the vehicle nearby ran away before lighting that POS up.

2:23 - is getting out of there on foot like that the best idea? I first thought she should drive away but then figured her SUV might provide cover for the officer so maybe it's good she kept her car there. Thoughts?

2:23 - is getting out of there on foot like that the best idea? I first thought she should drive away but then figured her SUV might provide cover for the officer so maybe it's good she kept her car there. Thoughts?

from the alternative angle, it looks like she was "encouraged" to leave her vehicle by a nearby cop.

Im sure she was scared shitless and the street was probably clogged with a million cruisers anyway.

Well, can't say he didn't earn that ending. Glad the cops seemed to have some good awareness of the woman in the car and keeping out of each other's firing lane.

Any word what they were running from?

Holy shit, wonder if any of those rounds sailed through or over that car, and what was on the other side. That woman was damn lucky she didn't get lit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1:10 the cop rearends the BG pretty hard, but no airbag deployment in the cop car. Do they not have air bags?

Some cars (like my wrangler) have the option of being able to disable them. Maybe cop cars have a disable switch as well...

1:10 the cop rearends the BG pretty hard, but no airbag deployment in the cop car. Do they not have air bags?

Some cars (like my wrangler) have the option of being able to disable them. Maybe cop cars have a disable switch as well...
Interesting decision. If I'm chasing a BG, I sure as hell don't want the air bag going BANG in my face in the middle of it. OTOH, if something really bad happens during the chase, turning off the air bag could get me killed. Decisions...decisions.

The cop gets out and gives chase on foot, presumably to relay the BG's direction to others. My guess is that his airbags did deploy, disabling his vehicle.

That was a thing back in the day. Car thieves would cause a rear ender with the cruiser to get the cops airbag to deploy.

Interesting decision. If I'm chasing a BG, I sure as hell don't want the air bag going BANG in my face in the middle of it. OTOH, if something really bad happens during the chase, turning off the air bag could get me killed. Decisions...decisions.

There was a key switch on the console of my wrangler that I could disable the airbags with. I would sometimes disable them if I was doing some really aggressive off roading. I no longer have the jeep...I really do miss it. [sad2]

Didn't mean to derail the OP...[wink]

was this two different chase? When it started it looked like they were chasing a camaro. when it ended it looked like a mustang. Am I wrong? Ok, seems there were a couple of cars inolved but the article didn't mention a Mustang so I must be wrong on that count...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom