• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

seabrook nh

Went once a year ago or so. Dissappointed myself. Hoped for different dealers than what I usually get up here and maybe some diffeent stuff as well. Was pretty much the same junk. Wosrt part is all the MAss dealer there still wanting MA prices. What turned me away the most whan a new shooter was looking at Ruger SA's. The dealer asked if he needed any help. The customer ( a BIG guy) said how he wanted his first handgun and was looking at a Single Six .22 Well the dealer suggests that since he's sucha big guy he should buy the SBH in .44 instead and that the .22 was for litle people. I gave a chuckle muttered something barely audable and left. Was but one incident I overheard by a MA delaer lying to the customers. Sorry guys but I really feel bad from all you in the Commonwealth having unethical dealers like that.

Back in ~1999, there was a Maine dealer at a MA gun show. He proudly bragged to me about selling a couple of LE-restricted AR15 mags to some unsuspecting customer for $15 each! I ripped him up one side and down the other, he also got a call from Ron Glidden and the idiot admitted (probably on the PD's recorded line) that he had indeed done that. Later he threatened me at another MA gun show, so I had the promoter (Carole) boot him from all her shows!

So Jon is right, we don't own the corner on idiot dealers! They are indeed everywhere and they do give all of us a black eye!

Oh yeah, there's one or two in particular up here that frequent the shos. Don't even bother stopping at thier tables. I guess it still bewilders me that MA dealers would ask MA prices in NH or ME shows. Just doesn't work. Heck, I know that there's dealers here that'll go to MA shows (Big E) and as soon as they cross the boarder, they can ask - and get - higher prices just becasue they're in MA but it doesn't work the other way around.
Back to the NH show in question...I did find thatthere was a decent amount of odd-ball ammo to be had there. More so than at other shows. I guess every shows has the good and bad. Just seems more and more have more of the later.

Seabrook Show

I went knowing what a small show it was but the fact that is isn't far from the house made me go to look around. I did pick up needed reloading supplies at a good price so the time wasn't wasted. I did see one decent price on a Springfield XD45 but the dealer didn't take plastic....dammm.[crying]

I went this year and was disappointed, again. I don't expect to find everything I want at every show. I didn't find any firearms but a book I was looking for at a good price. What did disappoint me was the way it was set up. To many dead ends. I expect to say "excuse me" a lot but a lot of tables did not have access all the way around. You shuffle down the table and have to retrace your steps. I think the facility is big enough to prevent this.
JUHO
Seafarer

Back
Top Bottom