• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SD9VE upgrade

I believe this is the gun glock sued smith over. I don't think it's to bad a gun for the money. I personally know several ltc newbies that chose this pistol a few years ago as their first purchase mainly based on price and the smith & Wesson name. fast fwd to now, those guns are still working. if I owned the gun I wouldn't put money into it. that would defeat the purpose of a low cost pistol for defense. but...your gun, do what you want. you'll always get those alpha male members who try to bully their opinion on you so if you can withstand the pounding go for it.

p.s. i'll be looking for an ad in classified next year, "custom sd9ve, apex trigger. $700 firm." just teasing! [wink]

I'm laughing my ass off reading this one. Youd trade a gun that works for two guns that probably won't work and are going to literally fall apart? Th sd9ve is a total hunk of shit. I have two friends that bought them......and both wished they hadn't. Both are total jamomatics .

I have one that I have used for years as an NRA instructor. Just did a spring job to change the trigger pull from 20# to 12# lol (didn't actually measure it). Never had issues with reliability after several thousand rounds through it. Also, makes for a good home defense pistol with the heavy trigger.

Anyone know a gunsmith on the south shore can work on a SD40 trigger? I have a buddy down that way that wants to improve the trigger on it. He’s not a DIYer with guns otherwise I’d tell him to install it himself.

I disagree. Its not a turd. Its value enhanced. Doesn't have some of the features and when you take it down the grip weighs nearly nothing. But they are reliable and accurate. If you plan on keeping it forever then throw 150 dollar trigger in it. If not then you won't get your money back. But I picked up mine a while back on a whim and I would trust my life with it

Looking to upgrade the trigger, Apex trigger spring kit or Apex Enhancement Trigger? Both?

Its a $200 gun but I would like it to be my go to for home defense, after at least a half a case of 9mm after whatever upgrade I decide on?

Recommendations from NES?

Any other suggestions?

Have you checked out Galloway Precision???

They make some great products... I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my new S&W Bodyguard from them...

They make SD stuff as well...

Galloway SD Stuff

Save your money and get a G19, instead of polishing a turd. Putting lipstick on a pig won't get you anywhere. Seriously. It's like putting a comp m5 on a keltec.
I disagree they're solid guns that run.

I've had 3 definitely do the apex kit.

Personally I prefer them over m+ps

That said op if you have a choice buy a canik. It's a better gun in that price range.

M+p is a Glock clone with good aftermarket support for a sub 350 duty gun.

You could do a lot worse at a higher price point

I have a sd9ve floating around my safe somewhere. I haven't used it in about 10yrs. But I put just under 4k rounds through it and it never failed. I ran everything I could get my hands on to see if it would fail and it never did. I was actually kinda of surprised at how well it ran. Yes the trigger sucks. But it ejected well and had reasonable accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom