• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SD.2637: Legislation To Remove AG Authority On Firearms Sales

I believe the listed firearms under copy/dup are/were machine guns (full auto) according to the ATF. So of course machine guns were ban previously.

It doesn't look like AR's are involved, so this case won't figure into the debate.

It's the confirmation bias of the anti crowd. Every shooting with an evil-looking gun is evidence that they need to be banned, but the overwhelmingly vast majority of violence in the world NOT committed using them is ignored.

I am not normally political, but I will really work hard at Baker not being our next republican governor candidate.

Maybe let the Mass GOP know that you will not be donating time or money to Any of their campaigns until Baker is removed?

Phone: 617.523.5005
Email: [email protected]
Office Address:
Massachusetts Republican Party
85 Merrimac Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02114

Everyone needs to call their Senators and Reps and ask that they support Sen. Humason's bill.

The answer I got from Sen Pacheco's office is that they expect it to be settled by the courts, the AG has the authority. This is not acceptable as the "directive" criminalizes law abiding citizens who purchased/posses Large capacity rifles, shotguns and handguns. It will take years in the courts.

If one individual has the authority to redefine and expand the law overriding the long understood and again recently debated legislature, and thus criminalizing all sales/owners of post Sep 1994 semiautos then there is clearly a problem.

Colt ar15 is on the state approved large capacity roster along with others.

OP Joe please add the bill number once identified and reinforce all call their reps on the title and 1st page.

Colt ar15 is on the state approved large capacity roster along with others.

It's been said here before, but bears repeating: if you're talking about the large cap roster, that list is NOT a list of "approved" weapons, but merely a list of recognized high-cap weapons that were around at the time the list was made.

Made my notifications to my reps regarding SD.2637. Even if it a losing battle, we must stay vigilant, keep pressure on them. Independence was not won in a single effort!

I emailed Senator Jen Flanagan this morning and asked her if she supported Humason's bill. I'll post her response when I receive one. She's generally pro 2A.

emailed ben downing (retiring and anti/indifferent) and gailanne cariddi this am. not sure her status on things asked that they both support the bill to protect civil rights of their constituents and that this can be taken care of since the upskirt law was all same day

[rofl] He has already chosen sides on this issue. And it WILL be the END of his political career. Not sure if he knows that yet or not.

I called his office this morning and told his aide pretty much exactly that. Pointed out that he didn't exactly crush Marsha and that he just really pissed of most of the folks that put him over the top.

As I live in Boston, its futile but it's sent to anyone who represents me here.

Good evening Senator Forry,

As you must know by now, our Attorney General has decided on her own accord to reinterpret a law that has been on the books for over two decades. That her predecessors had never found the reason to "reinterpret". By doing this she created a convoluted mush of questions from legal gun owners and inadvertently made many of them, including myself, unassuming felons.

Wherever we all stand on the rights of gun owners, the status of banning or limiting so called "assault weapons", we can agree that laws are not to be applied ex post facto, and they are to be discussed and approved in the public forum by the legislators elected. Not reinterpreted by one person with an obvious political agenda.

I appreciate the work that you do for our city and admire your courage to always voice your opinion. I ask that you voice ours for once, legal gun owners throughout this great state, and vote for Senator Humason's Bill.

Thank you for your time,

Boston, Ma

Well said!

Bill #SD.2637 An Act clarifying firearms oversight

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/Senate/SD2637

This bill seems to apply to the consumer protections / unfair trade stuff - wouldn't this apply to rules/guidelines directed at just dealers and not private possession?
Would this really prohibit her from creating guidelines pertaining to private possession?
Is there anything that actually enables her to create guidelines pertaining to private possession now? As has been noted before, it probably wouldn't be the AG charging an individual it would be a local DA.

Granted, her intention was probably to target dealers, and not necessarily individuals, but you can't really separate the two with the AWB law.

Just sent this, figured I would keep it short, sweet, and straight to the point.

"Hello Mr Schmid, I'm a proud american citizen and voter in your district. I'm currently living and have been raised most of my life in Assonet. I would like to ask and urge you to please vote in favor of Bill SD.2637. This bill will help ensure all law-abiding citizens in your district will not become victims and/or felons on the whim of our over-reaching AG. Please do the right thing and protect your constituents and the constitution that you have sworn to protect.

Sincerely,

Jeff"

I also posted this to my facebook page to help get support from people not affiliated with NES and are unaware of the current shenanigans by our over-reaching AG:

I'm asking for everyone's help. Actually I'm begging anyone that will listen to help. We all need to contact or state reps, found here: (https://malegislature.gov/People/SearchResults… ) and ask them to support Bill SD.2637. You can even copy/paste my message that I sent to my rep. This is extremely important to our rights as free citizens.
"Hello Mr Schmid, I'm a proud american citizen and voter in your district. I'm currently living and have been raised most of my life in Assonet. I would like to ask and urge you to please vote in favor of Bill SD.2637. This bill will help ensure all law-abiding citizens in your district will not become victims and/or felons on the whim of our over-reaching AG. Please do the right thing and protect your constituents and the constitution that you have sworn to protect.
Sincerely,
Jeff"

Find a Legislator
Enter the e-mail address associated with your MyLegislature account, then click Continue. You will receive a link to a page where you can easily create a new password.
MALEGISLATURE.GOV

Last edited:
Bumping this back to the first page. This should be a sticky. EVERYONE needs to write their reps/senators to urge their support of Bill SD.2637. I'm even going to write from multiple email addresses to give the appearance of multiple people. We must stay focused and force their hand.

No, it would stop all future and past AG gun control measures and return power back to the legislation where it belongs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

But 131M would still be in effect so it really doesn't solve the issue at hand. It's a good gesture but it falls short.

Is this like impeachment?
NO, this removes any power the AG thought that she/he might have had over the regulation of firearms. No only would this kill her latest "assault weapon" bullshit, but this would also kill her super secret handgun list crap. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT/ BENEFICIAL BILLS WE HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.

But 131M would still be in effect so it really doesn't solve the issue at hand. It's a good gesture but it falls short.
I'm sorry but you are wrong. Read the last sentence of the bill:
"Further, that any such rule or regulations having previously being promulgated are hereby repealed."

If you are referring to the legislation regarding gun conto, then it is where it belongs, that is a different issue and removing the AGs power is not falling short. This is 2 completely different issue, try fighting one battle at a time, even this one will be tough enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

NO, this removes any power the AG thought that she/he might have had over the regulation of firearms. No only would this kill her latest "assault weapon" bullshit, but this would also kill her super secret handgun list crap. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT/ BENEFICIAL BILLS WE HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.

It's a good bill worthy of support, but how would it kill the latest assault weapon bullshit? I'm not seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom