SD.2637: Legislation To Remove AG Authority On Firearms Sales

If all else fails, we need to have a class action against the commonwealth, current and pass congress men, AG, etc for allowing these illegal weapon to be sold thus putting all of us in harms way. Then the mfgs for marking these as compliant when according to the AG they new they were not! How above $1m per gun that was allowed to be sold illegally and $1m for selling a known illegal product.

:)

This is good, but it doesn't actually fix the problem at hand. Even if the AGO is stripped of her power, Pandora is out of the box as far as her interpretation goes. The only thing that can shield us from 131M is repealing or changing 131M.

This isn't going away.
We're not going away.
The anger is only going to grow.
All it's going to take is some little knob like the one in Gloucester who polishes his boots with a woody jacking up some otherwise law abiding person or god forbid someone gets hurt over her little shit show and the game will change quickly.
Don't think it hasn't been brought up in one of these recent meetings.
She went too far and too quick.
Now the issue is how to make it go away and save face.
If Deleo did this behind the rank and files back during an election year , it won't be pretty.
Not that they care about us, but they don't need this shit right now.

She didn't just pull July 20th out of a hat. She knew many on our side would be at the RNC and what the schedule of the House was.
This was a hatchet job. She is probably in Philly right now for the DNC and unable to take calls.

Our enemy is intelligent, ruthless, unwavering and dauntless. Don't forget that.

She didn't just pull July 20th out of a hat. She knew many on our side would be at the RNC and what the schedule of the House was.
This was a hatchet job. She is probably in Philly right now for the DNC and unable to take calls.

Our enemy is intelligent, ruthless, unwavering and dauntless. Don't forget that.

Don't forget calculating.

Don't be negative, this shows positive thinking. I will be drafting emails later. Enough of the negative "no chance in hell" bs
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

I agree 100%.
Had to take a break away from NES for a while. Can't take all the negativity.
Keep the pressure up and let's see where this goes. There's a shit load of D voters that are also gun enthusiast.
Save the doom and gloom till after the fight.

This.

[rofl] He has already chosen sides on this issue. And it WILL be the END of his political career. Not sure if he knows that yet or not.
If this is to be true, we'll need to put the Republican organizations on notice that we won't donate a dime in support of his reelection bid, and that noise has to be made now. They would need to float a different republican candidate to get any money.

Waiting to just not vote for him will put one in the position -again- of having to vote for the lesser of two evils. And heaven knows who the Dems will put up next time. Imagine having to choose between Baker and Healey herself.

Right now, I think the only people who realize they're newly minted felons are AR or AK owners.

Wait til all those Fudds who just own 10/22s or trap guns realize they're felons too. [laugh]

They need to wake the fark up ASAP and see where this is going.

We need to file a complaint for judicial review. In the United States, the supremacy of national law is established by Article VI, Clause 2, of the U.S. Constitution. Called the Supremacy Clause, it states that "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof … shall be the supreme law of the land." It goes on to say that, "judges in every state shall be bound thereby." This means that state laws may not violate the U.S. constitution and that all state courts must uphold the national law. State courts uphold the national law through judicial review.

Resident NES MA politic wonks:

Does this have a snowballs chance in hell of even making it to a vote?

Probably not. Most, if not all of the f**king idiots that vote for these corrupt Massachusetts Politian's are in favor of this ban. Several people who I talk with but are not gun owners think Healey is the best thing that ever happened to Massachusetts. Like I said earlier, Hillary will most likely be holding a cabinet position for her if she gets elected. If Healey did this much damage on a state level, can you just imagine what she could do in Washington ? Now that's a scary thought.

I agree but having unrealistic expectations is counterproductive to the cause.
The problem isnt the expectation, its the advertising of the expectation. If the legislators know that people aren't expecting them to do anything, then they probably won't. We need to demand AND expect changes.

[rofl] He has already chosen sides on this issue. And it WILL be the END of his political career. Not sure if he knows that yet or not.

I am not normally political, but I will really work hard at Baker not being our next republican governor candidate.

I agree 100%.
Had to take a break away from NES for a while. Can't take all the negativity.
Keep the pressure up and let's see where this goes. There's a shit load of D voters that are also gun enthusiast.
Save the doom and gloom till after the fight.
I agree 110%

This is good, but it doesn't actually fix the problem at hand. Even if the AGO is stripped of her power, Pandora is out of the box as far as her interpretation goes. The only thing that can shield us from 131M is repealing or changing 131M.

If her authority is nullified then her edict becomes crap. That said, I fear that a more likely possibility is the legislature does a half assed job on a subsequent bill and we end up with a law that nullifies her edict but also at the same time ends up creating another AWB that simply has the same bullshit in it but presented in a more graduated fashion (similar to what the CT AWB, etc, has, where they have cutoffs and implementation deadlines, etc, etc... ) The only thing going in our favor here is that I've never seen more gun owners pissed off at once in a short period of time; because with this issue the "I have my ARs so I don't care" crowd has skin in the game too because if this shit is allowed to stand they might be rendered felons, too.

-Mike

The problem isnt the expectation, its the advertising of the expectation. If the legislators know that people aren't expecting them to do anything, then they probably won't. We need to demand AND expect changes.

This. We have to be loud in our demands. I made at least six calls last week to various legislators, attended the Saturday GOAL rally and have a three page letter being mailed to the governor today. More letters and emails are in my future. Things like this can pass if everyone stays focused and active. Oh, and stop airing any negativity openly here. These people are reading all of this. I'll bet there are quite a few legislative aides tasked specifically with keeping a finger on the pulse of these threads. I'll bet money that if GOAL quickly announces more rallies for the next two Saturday's that this will get their attention even quicker. Stay merciless in this fight!

With this new shooting in Florida it will make it tougher.

Though in theory in a non bizarro world, it should make it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With this new shooting in Florida it will make it tougher.

Though in theory in a non bizarro world, it should make it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like AR's are involved, so this case won't figure into the debate.

I guess it's a start but it only deals with the copycat crap. This needs to include that stupid list too...

Back
Top Bottom