SD.2637: Legislation To Remove AG Authority On Firearms Sales

MAJoe

NES Member

SD.2637: Legislation To Remove AG Authority On Firearms Sales

o5usk0.jpg

wn4n6.jpg
34eu4xe.jpg

Apparently filed today

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/senator_don_humason_files_bill.html
A day after gun rights activists flooded the streets outside the Massachusetts State House to protest Attorney General Maura Healey, state Sen. Don Humason said he's filed legislation in response to her crackdown on assault-style weapons.

Humason's bill would strip from Healey's office its authority to issue rules and regulations on firearms sales in Massachusetts, according to the senator's office. The language in the bill is available below.

Last edited:
Wow, my representative doing the right thing... when i voted for him it was one of the few votes i felt like i wasnt just wasting my time.. but ive been known to feed blank ballots into the voting machine

Good party after his victory, he really is like an everyday person like me or you.

Wow, my representative doing the right thing... when i voted for him it was one of the few votes i felt like i wasnt just wasting my time.. but ive been known to feed blank ballots into the voting machine

I think we all owe him a thank you letter.

Resident NES MA politic wonks:

Does this have a snowballs chance in hell of even making it to a vote?

Do not get how this would help the current circumstance. Would still allow her to prosecute ownership of firearms.

Opportunity to get rid of the handgun list? Absolutely. Beyond that? I dunno.

This would be awesome right now, but if we ever were to get a 2A friendly AG, this could be bad if the legislature ever tries to screw us.

I'd take this bill right now though just to give baker a chance to redeem himself but mostly to knock Healey down a few notches.

This would be awesome right now, but if we ever were to get a 2A friendly AG, this could be bad if the legislature ever tries to screw us.

I'd take this bill right now though just to give baker a chance to redeem himself but mostly to knock Healey down a few notches.

I'll take laws over regulations.

I am behind it and will be sending out emails and letters tomorrow.

She has a history of abusing her power in this regard. Loaded chamber indicator, ten ton trigger, threatening to sue out of state ammunition dealers, and the EOPS list.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if ths was a ploy to get the legislature to enact more, but less restrictive than Mauras' madness, legislation so they say that they are compromising with gun owners.

Bob

Don't be negative, this shows positive thinking. I will be drafting emails later. Enough of the negative "no chance in hell" bs
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Incredible. Everyone contact your rep and senator now and strongly advice that they support this bill!

Back
Top Bottom