• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scumbag in my neighborhood

BillV

NES Member
This happened a little to close to home. If this was Texas, the Coroner would have been called to retrieve the Burglar. Since this is the great state of Mass., the homeowner will probably be sued for assault.

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1133184666/Man-helps-police-nab-Methuen-burglary-suspect

METHUEN – Police praised a relative of a homeowner who risked personal injury last night to help capture a burglary suspect outside a Dale Street home.
“The Methuen police commends his bravery – it was certainly a very brave act,” Methuen police Lt. Michael Wnek said, following the arrest of a city man accused of the house break who police say may be linked to several others in the city’s west side.
Wilfredo Rivera, 44, who lives in the basement apartment of 49 Madison St., was charged with breaking and entering in the nighttime with the intent to commit a felony, intimidation of a witness, assault and battery, willful malicious injury to personal property, attempted larceny and burglary assault on an occupant.

A struggle ensued inside the home and into the garage and ended on the front lawn where the relative had pinned the suspect until the arrival of Sgt. (Larry) Phillips,” Wnek said.

Awesome!

The police know who the good guys and the bad guys are for the most part. I understand the skepticism some folks here have for authority, but I'm sure this made their day! Sounds like the guy was a bad actor, had recently moved there and was responsible for a number of other daytime invasions.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the police didn't reprimand the homeowner, who should have stayed inside and called for help /sarcasm off

We've had a lot of break ins around here too..so good for them.

Too bad the home intruder didn't end up dead. As far as I am concerned that is the only successful outcome.

Back
Top Bottom