SCUBA diving the USS Vandenberg in Key West FL

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I shot down to Key West last week for some diving and hit the Vandenberg for the 2nd time. She sits about 140' deep and I was breathing EAN (enriched air nitrox) 28. I shot the video using my birthday present from my wife; a GoPro Hero2 HD camera (hand held),. Sorry its a bit shaky, it was my first vid and I'm trying to work out the technique of diving and videoing at the same time. Thanks to my dive buddy Matt for the quick edit and posting to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7lYI1l_do&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
what was the depth to the deck? since you said you were diving 28%, you got me looking up tables again :)

How do you like the GoPro? i had heard they didn't do a great job underwater because of the lens. Your video doesn't look bad at all, and now has me reconsidering.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cool video, i love the video on youtube of the guys freediving the vandenburg. gopro's are sweet cameras, the stuff you can do with them is limitless, i even saw a rail-mount for them online. i got mine too late in the season and couldnt find a good enough mounting option to get ny good videos of my spearfishing this year

Last edited:
Top Bottom