Screwed on ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's ultimately my fault but I bought 2 bricks of .22 over that last 2 weeks. I know I'll get flamed but I paid $70!! For one & $25 for the other... Needless to say, I will never step in the shop that charged me $70 again!
AGAIN, I should have known better.

Live and learn. I got a Bucket o' 22's @ Dick's for $70 (1,400 rounds) last month. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere since.

Well that sucks and all but what is the point of going on a rant on an open forum and not tell people where it was? I bet you are the type of person to talk about going out to eat and getting food poisoning and to not divulge where it was. Yes though we all should hopefully live and learn, but places are going to gouge for items in any situation!
Oh, I bet it will hurt when you blow through a few mags of whatever you feed those "Gold Plated" .22's into.

Charles.

Live and learn. I got a Bucket o' 22's @ Dick's for $70 (1,400 rounds) last month. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere since.

It's few and far between... I scored 2k of M22 Winchester for 109.00 @ Dicks.
Haven't shot any yet, don't know how it is, but I had to buy it.

Dollar cost average $47.50 per brick. Nine cents per round. A little expensive but if you got out to shoot your .22, (priceless).
White Feather

Well that sucks and all but what is the point of going on a rant on an open forum and not tell people where it was? I bet you are the type of person to talk about going out to eat and getting food poisoning and to not divulge where it was. Yes though we all should hopefully live and learn, but places are going to gouge for items in any situation!
Oh, I bet it will hurt when you blow through a few mags of whatever you feed those "Gold Plated" .22's into.

Charles.

Um...yea, thanks for the kind words...... The ONLY reason I don't disclose the name of the chop shop is because the guy needs to earn a living AGAIN! I said it was my fault for paying for it.
& I see this is familiar with some of you :)

Needless to say, I will never step in the shop that charged me $70 again!

Uh, excuse the reality check, but are you saying:

A vendor set a price, and placed the product in the shop marked with said price. You walk in, look at product + price, and agree to the terms of the sale. Transaction is completed... and you go to a forum to whine about you are never going there again?

Remind me to never sell anything to you. Ever. Free market is a bitch, huh?

Last edited:
Uh, excuse my reality check, but are you saying:

A vendor set a price, and placed the product in the shop marked with said price. You walk in, look at product + price, and agree to the terms of the sale. Transaction is completed... and you go to a forum to whine about you are never going there again?

Holy shit!, AGAIN!! Didn't I say it was my fault!!
I just wanted to point out buyers remorse on my part hoping to prevent others from doing the
same... & now I'm the bad guy? Ok, fine....

Holy shit!, AGAIN!! Didn't I say it was my fault!!
... & now I'm the bad guy? Ok, fine....

Yes, which would be fine, but you also said

Needless to say, I will never step in the shop that charged me $70 again!

and that's where your logic-fail comes into play. You agreed to the price. Not the shops fault.

Last edited:
Yes, which would be fine, but you also said

and that's where your logic-fail comes into play. You agreed to the price. Not the shops fault.

Just as the shop owner has the right to charge what ever they want for it the consumer who buys also retains the right to complain about it. This is a forum for people to speak their mind. You may not always like what others have to say but this is what it is. I would be more inclined to agree with you if he mentioned the business. At that point i would be in total agreement with you.

Hell we've all been guilty of impulse buying once, sometimes you just want it damn it!
Now enjoy it, it's not like you bought a shit house and have to live with it forever, it's ammo, shoot it! [mg]

Sorry but are you just stupid or what?

You made a purchase that you paid to much for.. so instead of just reflecting and considering it a life experience, you post your mistake for all members to hear about.

You start your thread with the title "Screwed on Ammo" ... how can you be screwed when you willing bought the ammo? No one twisted your arm so who screw you but your self! [crying]

Seems like your post is simply geared at getting attention for yourself ![flame]

Last edited:
Just as the shop owner has the right to charge what ever they want for it the consumer who buys also retains the right to complain about it.

Yup. But the free market reality is that if the brick was priced at $30 instead of $70, it probably would have been the brick the shop sold to someone who beat you to it.

I hope you learned your lesson. If you do something dumb, don't look look for sympathy here, LMAO.

Oh and don't pay $70 for a ****ing brick of ****ing .22 ****ing LR ****ing rimfire FFS!

Did they hold a gun to your head and force you to pay $70?

Aaaahhhh nothing like going on NES with a nice bowl of popcorn and start reading. And who said you needed movies for entertainment?

Hey, we all screw ourselves once in a while. I sent the little lady down to Sports Authority to see if they had any .223 and she came home with 2 boxes of 20....softpoint at $1 a round. My bad. Should have clarified what I was looking for.

keep-calm-and-choot-em-elizabeth-choot-em.png

White Feather

[h=1]CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition Troy Landry Special Edition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Box of 375 22 LR Ammo[/h]
Item Number: 936054443
[h=2]Listed in category: Ammunition[/h]
wm_md_5082702.jpg

Click image for larger gallery
1 of 1
magnify.png
[+] Enlarge Images
Item condition:NIB
Item number:936054443
Item location:WA
topbar_tl.png

Classified Ad
topbar_tr.png

Price:
spacer.gif
$100.00
Shipping:25.00
Payment options:
icon_check.gif
icon_moneyorder.gif
icon_error.gif
Return policy:No Returns

I don't understand the defense of high prices here. I'm sorry, but I do understand the, "you didn't have to pay the price thing", but some of you seem to be defending the gougers no matter what. I know we like to pound people into the ground here, but you must admit, some of the prices are nothing more than pure greed! [thinking]

I know it's ultimately my fault but I bought 2 bricks of .22 over that last 2 weeks. I know I'll get flamed but I paid $70!! For one & $25 for the other... Needless to say, I will never step in the shop that charged me $70 again!
AGAIN, I should have known better.

I was going to call you an idiot,but that seemed a little harsh.

So I will just laugh at you instead.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I bought a box of those things for like 22 bucks a couple months ago

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition Troy Landry Special Edition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Box of 375 22 LR Ammo

Item Number: 936054443
Listed in category: Ammunition
wm_md_5082702.jpg

Click image for larger gallery
1 of 1
magnify.png
[+] Enlarge Images
Item condition:NIB
Item number:936054443
Item location:WA
topbar_tl.png
Classified Ad