• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SCOTUS Passes on Challenge to Bumpstock Ban

Go ahead and flame me. I don't care. But, there are a lot more more important things on the SCOTUS menu that we need taken care of before these toy bump stocks get squared away. We all know that they can't take everything and pushing this would just put the real issues aside.

Man they have to rule this Healey edict unconstitutional before we can start worrying about juicy add-ons like bump stocks. I want to actually be able to buy a new .308 rifle at a normal price and get mags I know will function correctly without busting my balls paying exorbitant prices for old mags.

Go ahead and flame me. I don't care. But, there are a lot more more important things on the SCOTUS menu that we need taken care of before these toy bump stocks get squared away. We all know that they can't take everything and pushing this would just put the real issues aside.

Like what???

Here is the list of cases for 2019: List of pending United States Supreme Court cases - Wikipedia

So does:
Does the addition of a generic top-level domain (.com) to an otherwise generic term create a protectable trademark?

or

Is a safe berth clause in a voyage charter contract a guarantee of a ship's safety or a duty of due diligence?

is in anyway more important than the fact that a bunch of bureaucrats (ATF) effectively make laws that infringe on second amendment???

I'm sorry to interrupt this Trump felation-fest, it's just that we got a f***ing communist as the only other "choice" for voting, but not for a minute I'd believe that some bullshit "safe berth" in any ways more important that 2nd amendment issue. "Toy" .... most FUDD shit are toys, so let's not descend into discussion which firearms or firearms accessories are more FUDD than "operator".

The real issue is, ATF is happy to have people not having too much fun at the range. And the conservocucks/ Trump team is real happy to keep the fact that despite promises to "will keep 2a safe" are doing jack shit NOW to keep 2a safe. It's f***ing politics, a real world soap opera show.

If you aren't in this fight for your lifetime, don't bother getting in this fight. It's not a single game or even a season. It's a lifetime. We're not going to win every single one of them. What we need to do is fight to move forward always. Period.

Perhaps this gets KO'd by another bit of court authorship a year or two down the road. Some other place that Big Brother oversteps and USSC opens whoop-ass on them setting hard lines of what is legal and not legal for them to "self-legislate."

Discuss...

" In the Heller opinion, Justice Antonin Scalia struck down the District’s ban on handguns, holding that the Second Amendment gives citizens a right to own weapons “in common use at the time.” Justice Scalia said, however, that not every gun meets that definition. “The Second Amendment does not protect those weapons not typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes,” he wrote in Heller. Specifically, the Heller opinion cited “the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons,’” such as “weapons that are most useful in military service—M–16 rifles and the like.”

I said after the Heller opinion there would be pick and choose bans based on Scalia's own words. He was thought by many to be the greatest constitutional scholar of a generation. Even Scalia must have missed the class when they discussed the shall not be infringed part.

What folks need to understand is that this isnt about bump stocks

Its about unconstitutional bureaucratic state creating rules without any basis in constitution/law that carry the weight of law and violate constitutionally guaranteed rights

Attack the legal foundation of the bureaucratic state and you solve this issue......

This right here is truth. I personally don't give a flying F about bump stocks themselves, but this set a dangerous precedent of repealing existing freedoms and turning law abiding people into criminals overnight. For those mentioning we have to sort out local issues such as the Edict, this is more or less the same type of issue, but on an all compassing federal level and a real law, not just some interpretation BS.

It's not the bump stocks. It's how they were banned and the precedent set. It's a big deal. And the "conservative pro 2A" side of SCOTUS continues to not care about 2A cases.

It's not the bump stocks. It's how they were banned and the precedent set. It's a big deal. And the "conservative pro 2A" side of SCOTUS continues to not care about 2A cases.
I get all that. The thing is that there are more important things that we need to be concerned with before we try to twist arms about something like bump stocks. For instance, if you were starving would you be complaining about how you hate chocolate frosting on your cake?

I have been around firearms all of my life and never even saw a bumpstock. I never knew anyone who owned one, either. Were they really that widespread or were they merely a niche item?

I have been around firearms all of my life and never even saw a bumpstock. I never knew anyone who owned one, either. Were they really that widespread or were they merely a niche item?
Ya know to be honest at almost 59 years old I've never seen one nor do I know anyone with one.

Our channel 22 here in W Mass did some blurb on them this morning while I was getting ready for work and they said how a bump stock allows the user to fire multiple shots with one pull of the trigger. More bs as usual. The trigger still has to be reset before it can be pulled again on any semi auto. So F$#@n sick of the constant attacks on a constitutional right.

Ya know to be honest at almost 59 years old I've never seen one nor do I know anyone with one.

neither will you know anyone with smoothbore "not-firearm" Reformation SBR ... which actually was a very potent project, please don't say other wise.

Another aspect not mentioned in this thread is TAKING. Yes, bumpstocks were taken without grandfathering or compensation. A big first, unlike '86 ban. Tested on smaller scale in MA ("they are like only $200 or something ....") done nationwide.

So yeah, unconstitutional bureacracy making laws on whim, 2a, 5a ... this should trump all the bullshit for SCOTUS and looked at on priority basis.

neither will you know anyone with smoothbore "not-firearm" Reformation SBR ... which actually was a very potent project, please don't say other wise.

Another aspect not mentioned in this thread is TAKING. Yes, bumpstocks were taken without grandfathering or compensation. A big first, unlike '86 ban. Tested on smaller scale in MA ("they are like only $200 or something ....") done nationwide.

So yeah, unconstitutional bureacracy making laws on whim, 2a, 5a ... this should trump all the bullshit for SCOTUS and looked at on priority basis.
Not saying I agree with the taking of them. I do think the SCOTUS could do a lot more for our 2A rights but lets agree we are the minority and the black sheep.

But...but...but...I was told this was just 3D chess by Trump and it would never hold up in court!

Our .gov has so little support that even mild anti-2a are the best friends we got at times.

The big elephant in this room is that no one wants to put Trump to the fire on this. He may be quasi-pro 2a, but like a lot of FUDDS he is NO DIFFERENT than Bloomtard. He does not want to guns in hands of *iggers and poor people. Imagine MG ban lifted and aside from licensed lawers, doctors and business owners, not Shitcago is swimming in MGs .... the massacres will be glorious, all over the news and as usual no one will want to address the root cause of D-held, crime infested shitholes. Eevryone will just blame guns (bumpstocks) and pander popular misconceptions.

There you have, I said it. Trump is no friend of 2a. Better than most, but not a friend, more like a "f*** buddy", a convenience for the time being.

Not saying I agree with the taking of them. I do think the SCOTUS could do a lot more for our 2A rights but lets agree we are the minority and the black sheep.

we are not though. Imagine a WWIII brewing for real and how patriotic call to arms will target the blackest of sheep.

A lot of grey sheep just need to grow balls. Law abiding owners are so law abiding that they are scared shitless to get a parking ticket, and lazy to boot. This is the time to get priorities straights. The priorities are like that SCOTUS docket list. 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a .... those are f***ing fundamentals ... f***ING FUNDAMENTALS!

I get all that. The thing is that there are more important things that we need to be concerned with before we try to twist arms about something like bump stocks. For instance, if you were starving would you be complaining about how you hate chocolate frosting on your cake?

The ATF drafting law out of the thin air is the biggest threat to 2a we are facing. Cool it's just bump stocks, but this was done at trump's direction. What happens when Bernie is POTUS?

I think this was a terrible case to set aside. They should have taken it and put the ATF in their place. The idea the ATF can flip flop on interpretation at their own whim is absurd.

I have zero confidence the court will correct any infringements. They let hundreds of laws get passed before they take a single case. It's a losing battle and a core reason the US will self destruct at some point.

We don't need analogies, though. SCOTUS isnt giving us something. They're giving us NOTHING. Even if the full retard classic NRA useless case of NYC gets a ruling, which it stands a chance to not even recieve one, we're still up shits creek.

For years and years I've been saying our only chance is through the courts. And for a while post Heller that seemed like a real possibility. But after the subsequent limp wristed wording of things like Heller and McDonald, followed by a lot of jurisdictions effectually ignoring the majority of those rulings with SCOTUS refusing to actually f***ing explain something in detail - it's bad. And it doesnt seem like it will improve. It's not just the liberal justices holding this back.

Last edited:

They were a toy, that actually diminished the effectiveness of the firearm, but made it sound wicked cool (in liberal terms, that means scary).

They were a toy, that actually diminished the effectiveness of the firearm, but made it sound wicked cool (in liberal terms, that means scary).

That is not entirely true. I watched more then a few dudes with them stitch up the car at the old monadnock shoots with surprising control and effectiveness.

Similarly, I watched some liberal smear show on the big bad militias 2 or 3 years ago, and while making fun of these over weight commandos running an ECP drill, one of them dropped down behind his slide fire equipped RPK with a drum mag and immediately ate my words about bumpstocks being useless.

The ATF drafting law out of the thin air is the biggest threat to 2a we are facing. Cool it's just bump stocks, but this was done at trump's direction. What happens when Bernie is POTUS?

I'll tell you WWH ... Obama 2.0. Every f***ing week there would be "doom, gloom!" all gun businesses would make money hand over fist, but in reality not much would change, just more sliding down. All candidates start extreme, then go to the center during presidency, even Trump.

For years and years I've been saying our only chance is through the courts. And for a while post Heller that seemed like a real possibility. But after the subsequent limp wristed wording of things like Heller and McDonald, followed by a lot of jurisdictions effectually ignoring the majority of those rulings with SCOTUS refusing to actually f***ing explain something in detail - it's bad. And it doesnt seem like it will improve. It's not just the liberal justices holding this back.

It's a complex problem. Big part of draining swamp is reducing fed. And ya'll know how the last .gov shutdown went? Loud cries because .gov is the biggest resource drain on the economy. Reduce the fed and unemployment would skyrocket. No president will do it.

Shooting bumpstocks down is the worst scenario, I speak as ultimate bumpstock expert who built quiet a few of them. In my opinion, those bumpstocks actually saved a lot of lives in Vegas and the reason why dozens of his guns jammed. If that f***tard simply grabbed a coathanger or a couple of legit MG42s (which would be cheaper), the carnage would be f***ing awful.

The root issue with bumpstocks is that they are CHEAP so poor people could taste the nectar of full auto. Most people who own legal MGs are not your working class downtrodden types and they have lawyers on speeddial and have a lot to loose in life ... i.e. they are not going on mass shooting spree. This goes back to the fundamental issue that Trump and Bloomberg are not that different, one just runs his mouth more than the other (Bloomturd)

If you really want to divide 2a into camps, ask about gun control for "poor people". That's it. No fees, no licenses. Would you believe that EVERYONE have right to bear arms?

This instantaneously separates libertarians from gun controllers (who are also varmint hunters) because it puts personal responsibility front and center, as well as defining the limits of the nanny state. It also exposes all the real problems in society that have nothing to do with guns, but are routinely used with gun control as the scapegoat. i.e. mental health, crime and powerty, race bating etc. No one wants to talk about them or to solve them. Those are hard problems in the world where we strive for 7 6 5 minute workouts and easy diets.

Back
Top Bottom