Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

I'm not kidding when I say the West Wing and Glee are the two TV shows most responsible for the dystopian Hell we have today because of their influence. Makes Oprah Winfrey's mindf***ing of bored housewives look like patty cake in comparison.
Should I be proud or ashamed I actually had to Google what both of those are?

Just now NY Gov. Hochul takes time to deride this SCOTUS case during a live press conference for the Buffalo NY store murders.

Edit: She looked drunk BTW

🐯

Houchul looks like a mouse on crack. Very weird looking woman

I didn’t see what she said but can assume it was a defense of the NY carry scheme. This case is a great example of why the NY scheme is unconstitutional, encourages these wackos and why the NY law is bad policy. The law abiding people could not carry because the govt said they didn’t show a need and the wacko seeking to murder ignored the laws. She’s pretty stupid so she wouldn’t understand this shooting hurts the defense of the NY state law.

Houchul looks like a mouse on crack. Very weird looking woman

I didn’t see what she said but can assume it was a defense of the NY carry scheme.

Nothing so sophisticated as a defense of the current system. Rather blatantly implying that there would be more of the same because, "The Supreme Court is about to allow concealed carry in NY," with a tone of implication that the Court was party to the vast white supremacist conspiracy she had just blamed the murders on (four hours after learning about them).

Oh and for good measure she also threw in "Pennsylvania gun shows" even though they have no apparent relation to this crime.

I looked for a video of the entire news conference to post but could not find one with her remarks, lots of clips at news outlets but not the unedited remarks.

🐯

Nothing so sophisticated as a defense of the current system. Rather blatantly implying that there would be more of the same because, "The Supreme Court is about to allow concealed carry in NY," with a tone of implication that the Court was party to the vast white supremacist conspiracy she had just blamed the murders on (four hours after learning about them).

Oh and for good measure she also threw in "Pennsylvania gun shows" even though they have no apparent relation to this crime.

I looked for a video of the entire news conference to post but could not find one with her remarks, lots of clips at news outlets but not the unedited remarks.

🐯
Many counties in upstate NY grant pistol permits without restriction, good throughout the state except for NYC.

Sucks that they now seem to dickslap non full time residents though...
Judge Willard Cass in Chautauqua used to issue NY carry permits by mail (yes, really)., Got mine in 1989; it expired in 1999 (they added an expiration date in a blank space on the form since the permits were good for life or until revoked), but stopped when the county law dept advised he did not have jurisdiction for that.,

🐯

Best source for full video may be CSPAN. It’s a NY event though so CSPAN may not care about it, they focus on national more. The buffalo NPR may have a full version too.

Then she probably is the clown in more ways than one.

She was in congress years ago. Like most upstate democrats, she was quite a bit more moderate than the average NYC democrat. Like gillibrand who was an upstate democrat before being appointed to the senate, they both “evolved” their political views and overnight became Uber liberal. She’s a typical soulless political vessel, a clown in many ways. Wouldn’t be surprised if she was a big drinker too. She always looks like she’s liquored.

I've got to ask - why do you keep referring to SCOTUS as USSC?

2 less letters. Lol

SCOTCOM???? Or MASC?

Sure.
Except it's the Supreme Court of the United States, thus it is called SCOTUS, e.g. the title of this thread, scotusblog, etc.

Do you own an AR15 or an AR15 pattern rifle? Own a S&W 1911 pattern pistol or a 1911??? Maybe you have too few things to worry about??? Lol

Many counties in upstate NY grant pistol permits without restriction, good throughout the state except for NYC.

Don't you have to apply for a get a special "buy permit" everytime you acquire a handgun in NYS? Something like that? Completely separate from LTC

Don't you have to apply for a get a special "buy permit" everytime you acquire a handgun in NYS? Something like that? Completely separate from LTC
Yes, but in most of the state it is a simple, on the spot, administrative matter - nothing like applying for a permit. Basically you get proof you have the gun you are going to buy registered in your name, and get a permission slip proving that to the dealer. Major pain is you cant' borrow or loan handguns. Couples in most counties can (last I heard) have a gun registered on both parties permits.

I was watching Michael Clayton movie (2007) on Neftlix last night. George Cloony play the part of an NYC attorney who is a "fixer" and makes problems go away. There is the usual amount of killing and blowing stuff up, but it was not a gun/shootout movie.

There is one scene where Clayton (Clooney's character) is asking what she wants so he add it to his silence in a deal to get hush money,. The line was "What do you want? Carry permit? Inside information on the next big deal?" (pretty close to those words). It seemed interesting to see a 15 year old movie that was not gun/shooting oriented make reference top the corrupt NYC "gotta have a connection" system.

Last edited:
Two SCOTUS decisions today, an immigration case 5-4 with Gorsuch writing a dissent joined by sotomayor, Breyer and kagan. Ted Cruz campaign vs Fed election commission, a case involving campaign finances from the 2018 election. A 6-3 ruling with the 6 conservatives finding for the Cruz campaign and 3 liberals in dissent

Almost every decision this term and last term have had the conservatives in the majority. Good sign for the NYSRPA case and future cases.

It's not a matter of yea or nay. It's how far they will take it. We need a couple of massive GFY USSC/SOCOM/SCROTUS rulings to shut the Left up for good. 50 years of the same freedom with guns as wimmins had with Roe would be awful nice for me. ;)

It's not a matter of yea or nay. It's how far they will take it. We need a couple of massive GFY USSC/SOCOM/SCROTUS rulings to shut the Left up for good. 50 years of the same freedom with guns as wimmins had with Roe would be awful nice for me. ;)

Yes it’s how they direct lower courts to handle 2A cases and for SCOTUS to take up more 2A cases and definitively define 2A

I was watching Michael Clayton movie (2007) on Neftlix last night. George Cloony play the part of an NYC attorney who is a "fixer" and makes problems go away. There is the usual amount of killing and blowing stuff, but it was not a gun/shootout movie.

There is one scene where Clayton (Clooney's character) is asking what she wants so he add it to his silence in a deal to get hush money,. The line was "What do you want? Carry permit? Inside information on the next big deal?" (pretty close to those words). It seemed interesting to see a 15 year old movie that was not gun/shooting oriented make reference top the corrupt NYC "gotta have a connection" system.
Haven't they been busted at least twice in NYC taking bribes for permits?
If I remember correctly , one was to the tune of like ten grand.

Haven't they been busted at least twice in NYC taking bribes for permits?
If I remember correctly , one was to the tune of like ten grand.
Way cheaper than PNG where carry merits are traded, above board. If you qualify and want a carry permit, you have to find someone willing to give up theirs to create an opening so yours can be issued. A friend told me he sold his for $50K (AUD, I think). I can't verify that, but I did see a photo of his actual carry permit and he did give me a few PNG coins he had in his loose change.

But, unlike, NYC an PNG permit becomes a valuable asset that can be sold, like a taxi medallion.

I was watching Michael Clayton movie (2007) on Neftlix last night. George Cloony play the part of an NYC attorney who is a "fixer" and makes problems go away. There is the usual amount of killing and blowing stuff, but it was not a gun/shootout movie.

In the relatively new series ‘Billions’, the disgraced US Attorney in Southern New York Chuck Rhoades started his private practice. He tried to gain favors with a police head honcho so he could get a carry permit for another client.

Way cheaper than PNG where carry merits are traded, above board. If you qualify and want a carry permit, you have to find someone willing to give up theirs to create an opening so yours can be issued. A friend told me he sold his for $50K (AUD, I think). I can't verify that, but I did see a photo of his actual carry permit and he did give me a few PNG coins he had in his loose change.

But, unlike, NYC an PNG permit becomes a valuable asset that can be sold, like a taxi medallion.
PNG ?

The Santa Clara sheriff in CA was busted taking bribes.
This is the one I was recalling.

Nice work if you can get it.

Back
Top Bottom