• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SCOTUS Agrees to hear case on the Community Care Function Extending Into The Home (Illegal seizures)

This case is a result of my previous case. Ed's case was married to mine but did not have the Statute of Limitations issue to deal with.

My case can be found here... ACLU Wins Gun Lawsuit In R.I.

Last night I got this note from m lawyer

Jason,

I wanted to bring you up to date on Ed’s case. As you may recall, after Judge McConnell rendered the same decision on summary judgment in his case as yours, Ed agreed to stipulate to $1 in damages on his post-seizure due process claim so we could immediately proceed to appeal his claims that the original seizures of his guns and of him for a psychological evaluation were unconstitutional. Unfortunately, the First Circuit affirmed Judge McConnell but on Friday the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear Ed’s case. We are working with an attorney from Washington, D.C., named Shay Dvoretzky who has handled lots of cases before the Supreme Court. In case you are interesting in reading it, I attach the petition for writ of certiorari that Shay filed with the Supreme Court asking them to hear the case. We are hoping for the best.

I searched Google and found nothing. Looks like you all are getting a sneak peak 👍 o_O👍

Attachments

• Caniglia v. Strom - Cert Petition.pdf
    176.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Good timing for this... It would be great to get a ruling on this as we don't know what our future holds in this political climate.

Back
Top Bottom