• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scorpion evo

Anyone own a Scorpion EVO. Personally I like the one with the muzzle brake I want to purchase one just looking for feedback.

I have one, and really like it. Even more so after I changed out the trigger springs with a set I got from HB Industries.
It's a fun gun - accurate out of the box, easy to maintain, and other than being a tad heavy for smaller people, every one of my friends (male and female) that have tried it have had fun with it.
Plus, mags are less than $20.

Which one do
I have one, and really like it. Even more so after I changed out the trigger springs with a set I got from HB Industries.
It's a fun gun - accurate out of the box, easy to maintain, and other than being a tad heavy for smaller people, every one of my friends (male and female) that have tried it have had fun with it.

Which one do you own

Don’t own one but spent a day with a borrowed gun (fake can). Loads of fun, my kids loved it. Ran fine despite being filthy.

The only think keeping me from a CZ or MPX is lack of preban mags. 10rds is not enough, the 30rd mags we used emptied fast enough as is.

The only think keeping me from a CZ or MPX is lack of preban mags. 10rds is not enough, the 30rd mags we used emptied fast enough as is.

Same here. Would love to get one of these. But such a buzzkill if limited 10rd mags. It already stinks with some pistols, 10rds vs 15rds+. But with the CZ or MPX, it's 10rds vs 30rds. It's like buying a Prius. Sure it's great to get 50 MPG, but everyone else gets 3 times better mileage.

Don’t own one but spent a day with a borrowed gun (fake can). Loads of fun, my kids loved it. Ran fine despite being filthy.

That's the main reason I chose the kriss vector over the scorpion. The scorpion is a nice gun and very reliable so if the no preban mag doesn't bother you then I would get one.

You also may want to consider:
- Replacing the charging handle with bigger one to avoid bumping fingers on the rail, HBI;
- Original grip is somewhat slippery, Yeti wurks grip (the one with exchangeable backstraps) feels better than the original and the angle is more comfortable, IMHO;
- Strong hand safety digs into the hand, I would suggest the "AK style", or just void. IFAIR, HBI, as well.

Last edited:
Same here. Would love to get one of these. But such a buzzkill if limited 10rd mags. It already stinks with some pistols, 10rds vs 15rds+. But with the CZ or MPX, it's 10rds vs 30rds. It's like buying a Prius. Sure it's great to get 50 MPG, but everyone else gets 3 times better mileage.

My range has a 10 round limit. :)

The thing worries me about the CZ is that once I do all the mods, it's a $1500 gun.

You also may want to consider:
- Replacing the charging handle with bigger one to avoid bumping fingers on the rail, HBI;
- Original grip is somewhat slippery, Yeti wurks grip (the one with exchangeable backstraps) feels better than the original and the angle is more comfortable, IMHO;
- Strong hand safety digs into the hand, I would suggest the "AK style", or just void. IFAIR, HBI, as well.
Yeah, I've considered changing the charging handle, but also saw some different handguards from HBI (I think) that look cool, and they recommend the plastic handle to avoid aluminium rubbing on aluminum.
I forgot that I did the safety 'delete' on one side, which was definitely an improvement.
I also got a QD mount from Parker Mountain Machine.

Yeah, I've considered changing the charging handle, but also saw some different handguards from HBI (I think) that look cool, and they recommend the plastic handle to avoid aluminium rubbing on aluminum.
I forgot that I did the safety 'delete' on one side, which was definitely an improvement.
I also got a QD mount from Parker Mountain Machine.

I did not care about the sling, so cannot give any advice there.

HBI has a plastic extended charging handle.

The Safety on Scorpion might be a bit stiff, the extended lever on the strong side might be helpful.

calegalmags makes a 10-round mag that looks like the 30 rounder. CZ makes a 30 rounder that looks like the calegalmags 10 rounder. Just sayin'.

On a somewhat regular basis, Mrs. Mountain emails to me 'what is this' pics of gun parts she is working on at her employer. I was able to ID one of the pics that was a receiver part for a Scorpion Evo. Sent her a pic of the pistol and now she seriously wants one. I guarantee there will be NSFW language when I inform her that she can only get the carbine...

Back
Top Bottom