Scoped Carbine With Ridgeline AAR

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Just a quick note about the class i took with Alex from Ridgeline this past weekend. Im terrible at AAR's and dont usually write them but Alex's class is so different than the norm I wanted to share.

Course Description: Designed for intermediate shooters, graduates of the Ridgeline Intro to Carbine class, or those looking for a refresher in their carbine capabilities while using a variable power optic.
Course curriculum maintains emphasis on accuracy and manipulations, and introduces students to shooting on the move, multiple targets and other stress-induced situations from 0-600m engagements (range dependent).
At the conclusion of the class, students will be required to pass a standards test in order to graduate with a certificate of completion.

Day 1: We arrived on range, and for the first couple hours focused on carbine setup, optics, accessories, supporting equipment, etc. This was very helpful, and being an (up until now) primarily dot gun guy ignorant of scoped 556 guns I quickly found myself changing up the setup on my carbine. After that we heavily covered fundamentals, obtained good zeroes, covered ballistics, mil vs moa, reticle selection and utilization, calling wind, gauging distance. Day 1 was a giant information dump, but had just enough gunning to keep the ADD afflicted on track. Towards the end of the day we started getting into more complex shooting exercises involving moving and shooting, transitions from extreme close quarters to longer range shooting rapidly, bipod deployment, complex positions, barricade use, etc.

Day 2: Arrived on range and immediately started off with a pistol workup to refresh as we were going to be using them later in the day. Then for the rest of the day we built upon everything we had learned. The end of day 2 was a myriad of complex drills, buddy movement, barricades, many of the go fast drills we are used to as carbine shooters, but with the added difficult and often neglected art of going from shooting quickly in close to shooting at distance.

Conclusion: I took alot away from this course. Up until recently i have never realized the capability of the SPR platform, the rifle dominates everything out to 5-600 yards, something most shooters dont even think of touching with their carbines. The best part is they are relatively inexpensive to get into. If you are considering taking a class with Alex and Rudy I highly recommend it, these guys are outstanding instructors and their classes will not disappoint.

Sorry my AAR is such trash, but i had to type this up quickly to share.

See you all out there.

7igoN7I.jpg

Back
Top Bottom