• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope Ring Questions?

I just about to pull the trigger on a Mueller APV 4.5-14×40AO for my 10/22 carbine and get the recommended Burris Signature 1" Zee Rings, but...

• My delema is what height scope rings to get?

I know I don't need to worry about a bolt so, don't need the extra high, but thought the High might be the call 'cause I'm a big guy and could use the extra clearance for my melon. Thoughts?

• Also here is a good noob question: Is the any difference in zero'ing a scope with medium vs. extra high scope rings?

Thx.
–A.

The ring height should be whatever you need to comfortably place your head in the same position the same time, every time.

The higher rings will simply require a few more clicks down to zero it. It will not be an issue with that scope.

What positions are you going to be shooting , if offhand you would want higher.Ring hieght won't affect zero .Also make sure when you mount the rings they are true to each other,there are several kits to due this

Glad to know about the easy of zero'ing. May even consider the Extra High now. I would say that I'll shoot off hand, from a bench, and prone (when it gets warmer!!!!)

I was planning on just mounting the rings to the supplied weaver base, mounted to the receiver and figured that would be fine. What are these kits you speak of?

Be careful they're not so high you're unable to keep your head on the stock to look through the scope.

Back
Top Bottom