• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope recommendations?

Im looking to branch beyond my Aimpoint ML3 to something a little bigger and better. This scope will be used for ARs and M1A for stepping out further than the red dot. Id love to see what you guys would recommend to narrow my search. Ive already been looking at Leupolds, Trijicons, and some others. Im anticipating at least over the $1,000.00 range im just looking for a really nice piece to have for a while. Thanks!

I'm quite happy with me Meopta K-Dot 1-4x. The dot is easy to see in bright sunlight and the scope is clear and bright. They run about $800 regular price, but I scored one for 600 on gunbroker. If I had unlimited dollars, I'd take a look at one of the new 1-8x scopes on the market.

I am not a scope expert at all.

The counter sniper Military contract overruns are a great deal right now. They are top quality. I recently sold a few of these and got great feedback. One of them is on a 50bmg. Do some research on these before shelling out $1400.

http://www.countersniperoptics.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/about.html&setup=

Look here and let me know if you want a price on anything. A few of the in stock models are listed on my website.

Saw some Nikon scopes today didn't realize they were so cheap. Anyone have any experience with them?

Nikon makes good scopes but just like other manufacturers they have different lines and the more expensive ones are better then the less expensive ones.

I think a 1-4, 1-8 if you have the cash, are an awesome all around AR optic. I have a Burris XTR 1-4 that I really like. I am also looking at the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4's, I like the idea of no battery illumination on a 1-4, but the lack of a BDC reticle kind of bugs me.

ETA after googling this reticle;
Leupold MR/T 1.5-5 CMR...
I think I am going to take a much closer look at Leupolds line.

Last edited:
That Leupold is a great deal. I think i might pick that up and something else because its such a great deal. Im thinking of spending the money on a trijicon accupoint im realistically wont be shooting past 300yds.

I like the Leupold because I can keep it at a low power and keep both eyes open, it also has a fairly long eye relief. Easy to up the magnification if you need a long shot. Also, the dot, is both bright at the highest setting, but still very small for accuracy. I do also have a fixed 4x and while it is fine for mid distance stuff, I find it to be a little slower on the real close stuff, say under 50 yards, as I have trouble using both eyes at once. I will admit my 4x is not as nice as the Trijicon, but after having it for a while, when I could afford better, I went with the Leupold.

Saw some Nikon scopes today didn't realize they were so cheap. Anyone have any experience with them?

Which Nikon scope? I'm using M-223 3-12x42SF. Overall it's a good scope. I have the Nikoplex reticle, but will recommended getting the BDC version.

Back
Top Bottom