• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope mount

I am purchasing a Primary Arms SLx 1x6 scope for my AR, looking for recommendations on mount. Thanks!

I almost exclusively use Warne or ADM (American defense manufacturing) mounts. There are other good manufacturers but these 2 are consistent and reasonably priced. Regardless of your ultimate choice I’d go with a 1 piece extended (forward mounted) option. There’s plenty of love for the aero lightweight mounts but I’m not fond of their the way their rings tighten to scope body.

I believe Primary Arms offers discounted scope mounts when purchasing a scope from their website. If that’s not the case for you, the prices may vary but the recommendations do not. Their GLX mounts are just fine for around $90. I also like the Midwest industries QD offset. Quick detach is useful (in my opinion) on an AR and for $170-ish you can’t go wrong. I like cantilever mounts.

I like the Leupold mark series AR mounts
They are a tad lower thsn the other mounts I have. Larue mount is nice mines “old” now. Warne are very good

I believe Primary Arms offers discounted scope mounts when purchasing a scope from their website. If that’s not the case for you, the prices may vary but the recommendations do not. Their GLX mounts are just fine for around $90. I also like the Midwest industries QD offset. Quick detach is useful (in my opinion) on an AR and for $170-ish you can’t go wrong. I like cantilever mounts.
Yes they offer a few mounts at a discount from $10-$25 bucks depending on model

I know nothing of primary arms mounts. I see their scopes often.
6197935B-FB73-4D18-B746-7E916BFAB614.png

I almost exclusively use Warne or ADM (American defense manufacturing) mounts. There are other good manufacturers but these 2 are consistent and reasonably priced. Regardless of your ultimate choice I’d go with a 1 piece extended (forward mounted) option. There’s plenty of love for the aero lightweight mounts but I’m not fond of their the way their rings tighten to scope body.
They offer a few ADM maybe tou can shed light on the prices? 466BD16A-9245-4654-98CC-3A7DAE0C8EF8.png

The Primary Arms mounts are gtg. Get the extended mount. Be careful when tightening the base screws/bolts. They take a 1/2" wrench or socket and will strip out if you honk onto them.

I believe in buy once cry once. I only run spuhr.
I also believe in that, if it can be shown that it does something better than a less-expensive alternative. But $4-$500 for a extended 30mm mount? I don't think so.
That's like recommending a Bentley or Ferrari as a daily grocery-getter.

No doubt they are. But, does a person buy it as a daily driver because it performs that function so much better than a Toyota Carolla? Or is it because that person wants to say "My daily driver is a Bently"?
depends what you consider to be just as good. As it pertains to scope mounts.... ammo isn't cheap. How many rounds sent downrange *not where you have intended them to go* is it going to take to justify the difference in cost from a primary arms mount to a spuhr. By my calculations its roughly a single range trip running M855.

Spuhrs are very nice; just picked up a Badger Ordnance C.O.M.M. (Condition One Modular Mount) myself, came on Friday. Haven't field tested it yet, but it's a nice unit in the hand.

Spuhrs are very nice; just picked up a Badger Ordnance C.O.M.M. (Condition One Modular Mount) myself, came on Friday. Haven't field tested it yet, but it's a nice unit in the hand.
those are very nice as well. I like those and the reptilia aus ones if I had to get into a situation where I was trying to shave weight.

I use Geissele and Nightforce mounts, but wouldn’t mind trying out one of those Badgers. I read several times that the AP mounts don’t hold up very well, so I’d stay away from those. Larue, Bobro, ADM and Reptilia are others I’d use without worrying too much. Even the best scope is useless in a shitty mount.

Back
Top Bottom