• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scientific American: Why are White Men Stockpiling Guns? Racist

Reptile

NES Member
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN: ‘WHY ARE WHITE MEN STOCKPILING GUNS?’ BECAUSE THEY’RE UNEDUCATED RACISTS?
Dumb racists
Scientific American continues on its activist leftward path, diluting its scientific brand by transmitting biased anti-gun propaganda under the cover of academic sociology.

The latest entry was posted Wednesday and has become a popular post: “Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns? — Research suggests it’s largely because they’re anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market and beset by racial fears.”

If that headline wasn’t a giveaway, writer Jeremy Adam Smith’s bio left little hope for an objective take: “….author or co-editor of four books, including The Compassionate Instinct and Are We Born Racist?”

After pointing out that “Since the 2008 election of President Obama, the number of firearms manufactured in the U.S. has tripled….” Smith asked “So, who is buying all these guns — and why?”

His answer, boiled down: Dumb racists.

Continues...

Scientific American: ‘Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?’ Because They’re Uneducated Racists?

Can we officially call the Scientific American a racist publication now? What about blacks that are law-abiding gun owners?

Can we officially call the Scientific American a racist publication now? What about blacks that are law-abiding gun owners?

It will be more effective to accept the racist label and call the magazine the "Scientific UnAmerican," or "Scientific FakeAmerican," or similar.

It will be more effective to accept the racist label and call the magazine the "Scientific UnAmerican," or "Scientific FakeAmerican," or similar.
UnScientific UnAmerican...

Yeah, since anyone who owns a gun is racist... How about anyone that uses one for their occupation? Which includes all LEO's, military, secret service, types of security guards, DHS, etc...

I buy to shoot also. but main reason is it is my constitutional right and my American freedom to do so. and once you do not exercise those freedoms they are taken . once you give up or lose something you never get it back. The 2nd Amen needs to be recognized as my right as the rest are. and that seems to be a problem.

I wonder if I could subscribe to their magazine and cancel my subscription in the same call, so I could legit cancel my subscription without giving them any money.
How about using the 'bill me later' option and just not paying?? [devil] Or put down a different address, or one that is an empty lot, and let it pile up? There are ways to do this without trying to order and cancel in the same call. Especially ones where they don't get valid payment information from you (which means they could charge your account even if you do cancel right away).

Wow. What a bunch of projectionist trash. Sci-Am should be embarrassed. They don't understand guns, so there must be something wrong with people who do. It's basically the same crap that all the gun grabbers parrot. If you read the article, they rate people on racism and other "deplorable" values using their own made up scales which are entirely subjective.

Here is some actual, provable science that took all of 1 minute to research. Obama wanted to ban all semi-auto rifles, all magazines greater than 10 rounds. He lived in Chicago and supported, in writing, the full handgun ban there. When he was elected, the Dems controlled the house and senate. The Mcdonald case had not been heard yet. So people bought guns under the assumption there would be another 1994 ban, or more. Its that simple.

Unfortunately Scientific American has turned into unreadable fluff since about 1990.

Is it that Americans are stockpiling guns because the government is shady AF, because the world seems like it's on the brink of how going crazy, because America is still 77% white, and because men have always bought guns in significantly greater numbers than women have? Or racism?

So when I brought my daughter's friend who lives an alternative lifestyle to the range to intro her to firearms - then paid for her LTC class when my daughter took hers, does that make me misogynist, racist, bigoted, homophobic, or patriarchal? Just checking.

I really got to wonder what the demographics of SA readers looks like. I figured predominantly...white males.

Kind of similar lack of understanding similar to what REI did.

Rule #1....know your audience.
Rule#2....know your material and have undisputable facts readily available to back up your theory.

"Stockpiling"....lol
You dont stockpile guns, you stack ammo.

Oh cool, I love being labeled.
I particularly like "deplorable".
Guess that's all the left has these days. Labeling people and pushing they're Non-American/ Unscientific agenda.

All of the "hanging on by their fingernails" media are playing to the prejudices of their core constituencies to survive, as they are in a "cash-flow business" mode (think liquor store selling pints and nips, versus stocking fine wines) and it's MUCH cheaper to keep an existing customer than acquire a new one. Also explains CNN's FR as of late.

Perhaps it’s the appreciation of technology exposed, science in action, and precision of man coupled with machine. You know, the things Scientific Anerican’s readers used to like to read about in the past.

Back
Top Bottom