• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Schumer Proposes Gun Ban for Drug Test Failure

You only come to the wrong conclusions, if you believe firearms in the hands of civilians are to there for the purpose of posing a threat to society.
This.
It is hard to understand why many people don't understand that any law restricting gun use will not stop criminals; criminals don't follow laws; only law-abiding citizens will suffer.

It's all about knit picking away our rights, all these little ways to ban gun ownership all add up. They can't ban them out right, so they're nibbling away at it. You can dig your way out of prison with a spoon if you're patient enough...

I wonder what will the antis say when the next shot is delivered from 300 - 400 yards away by a guy armed with a pretty hunting rifle?

I wonder what will the antis say when the next shot is delivered from 300 - 400 yards away by a guy armed with a pretty hunting rifle?

This will become the only lawful use of a scope:
Scopelogo.jpg

That would never happen. Haven't you heard? The Glock 19 is the preferred weapon of such madmen.

oswaldsgun1250028i.jpg

It's all about knit picking away our rights, all these little ways to ban gun ownership all add up. They can't ban them out right, so they're nibbling away at it. You can dig your way out of prison with a spoon if you're patient enough...

Yup. It's called the Fabian strategy, or colloquially known as "death from a thousand cuts".

As a side note, Obama knows that anti-gun legislation is his waterloo. He won't touch it. His base is 98% black (13% of the population), and a 100% of the loonie left (20% of the population). You can't get re-elected with 33% of the population. The White Independents are leaving him to rot. He has real re-election issues. Gun control is something he will avoid at all cost. It's a loose-loose situation for him.

You really think he won't get back in? Or the election totals will even matter? Out of all those percentages how many people do you actually think will show up to vote? How many dead people will be voting? It's a crock, let's say we have 100% voter turn out on all sides and all counted accurately and fairly how would he be voted back in just based on what he has ALREADY done... my my how we quickly forget about the mortgage bailout and the auto bailout and oh ya that Obama Care thing. Never mind the actual "czar"'s he has appointed actually titled CZAR's to various positions totally bypassing any congress approval or dis-approval.

This will just create another reason for the recruiter to caution applicants on the way to MEPS that admitting to drug use to the career counsellor is a bad idea.

IIRC, one of the more insideous aspects of Shumer's proposal is that recruiters would be required to report to Big Brother any person who acknowledge past drug use.

IIRC, one of the more insideous aspects of Shumer's proposal is that recruiters would be required to report to Big Brother any person who acknowledge past drug use.

They're grasping for straws. In all actuality they're just looking for reasons to limit the population of lawful gun owners by legislative fiat.

I tuned into the Rachel Maddow Show a few nights ago and she was crowing about the "terrorist watch list" and that anybody who's placed on this list should be disallowed from owning or buying a firearm. Of course, there's no due process, no judicial oversight, nothing that allows you to challenge your membership.

You really think he won't get back in? Or the election totals will even matter? Out of all those percentages how many people do you actually think will show up to vote? How many dead people will be voting? It's a crock, let's say we have 100% voter turn out on all sides and all counted accurately and fairly how would he be voted back in just based on what he has ALREADY done... my my how we quickly forget about the mortgage bailout and the auto bailout and oh ya that Obama Care thing. Never mind the actual "czar"'s he has appointed actually titled CZAR's to various positions totally bypassing any congress approval or dis-approval.

If what you say is true, will you have the balls to take action?

If what you say is true, will you have the balls to take action?

What action what are you talking about Jose...?? Your always writing the same stuff seriously it gets old. Although I do agree with most of what you write. You act like when push comes to shove and its survive or die it's a choice it's a programmed fight or flight you either have it or you don't , how is your survey going anyway? "who's ready and who's not" .... blah blah blah

What action what are you talking about Jose...?? Your always writing the same stuff seriously it gets old. Although I do agree with most of what you write. You act like when push comes to shove and its survive or die it's a choice it's a programmed fight or flight you either have it or you don't , how is your survey going anyway? "who's ready and who's not" .... blah blah blah

You know what's getting old? You're f-ing chicken little act about gun control.

Stop listening to the G-D MA talking heads and CNN. Gun control has ZERO traction in the overwhelming majority of America.

Yeah, that was my point. Recruiters of course always tell you to tell the truth, but let you know the substantial reprocussions of your brutal honestly, like forfeiting a bonus, not getting a secuity clearance/desired MOS, or needing a drug waiver which would delay enlistment. Add to the preceeding "you'll be labeled as a drug user for the rest of your life anytime you apply for gun permit."

All that's needed to kill such a bill is to tack on a simple amendment:

Want your name on the ballot for a Federal office? First, pee in this cup.

You know what's getting old? You're f-ing chicken little act about gun control.

Stop listening to the G-D MA talking heads and CNN. Gun control has ZERO traction in the overwhelming majority of America.

Oh now your swearing so your more right.

I never said I wanted more gun control apparently you are illiterate. I hope it's dead. Tell GOAL and the NRA not to worry it's dead now we can focus on other issues...

Back
Top Bottom