Schools quietly arming teachers...

Good. I hope someone can carry on the grounds where my children go to school because I sure as hell can't.

this would be nice...it would also be nice if there was a better method of evacuation instead of shelter in place and hide...put in some kick out windows like a school bus...put in some fire escapes for anything above the ground floor...but all that stuff costs money and schools are cutting teachers, removing music, art and various other curriculum, teaching kids to pass a standardized test, etc.

The idea is nice, philosophically.

As a I'm a little bit jaded based on what I experience as a matter routine, but I personally would not want to carry OTJ even if I had the ability to. Weapons retention (during situations that are much more likely than a shooting) would be a big concern.

The districts choosing to have rapid access vaults are very concerning. If a district or school was to choose to allow carry, it should be on body....ONLY. A locked box in the presence of some students is like an invitation for them to try... (and based on my experiences, and depending on the locking device, some could probably get in.)

Back
Top Bottom