• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Schooling anti's on suppressors

Even some "non-antis" need educating. I remember having a conversation with someone about suppressors. Another buddy over hears our convo and states "why would you want a "silencer"? Are you going to take someone out?" i quickly made some of the points listed in the link. I didnt understand the point of suppressors till about a 2 years ago when i started researching firearms.

I blame those hollywood movies.

Ear muffs added with ear plugs only reduce a gun shot by 30-35 decibels, I don't buy it.

Even with a suppressor people still wear ear protection depending on caliber.

I'll get a citation if I play music too loud. What if I take the pipe off one of my bikes, would that be cool? How about glass packs on my truck? No? But when it comes to firearms, they want them to be as loud as possible, and then complain about the noise. Absolutely retarded.

If having an honest, fact-based conversation about ANYTHING to do with firearms with a liberal was possible, we wouldn't have ARs banned in... what... 4 states now?

Ear muffs added with ear plugs only reduce a gun shot by 30-35 decibels, I don't buy it.

Even with a suppressor people still wear ear protection depending on caliber.

For centerfire rifle calibers, you will still want a suppressor if shooting at the range since even prolonged exposure to 139dB is detrimental to your hearing. However one shot at 139dB, like what would happen if hunting, it within OSHA limits for noise, if and only if it is not repeating.

For handguns, you still have the crack of the supersonic bullet but some calibers, like 45 ball are subsonic and some 9mm loads like 147 grain (and up) are also subsonic and thus pretty damn quiet.

Back
Top Bottom