• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Shooting Video Game

this will not do anything to get them off guns.

Even so, how old is this game. Have any of the school shooting suspects ever seen or heard of this game? have any ever played the game?

I think it's a stupid game but if none of the shooters ever saw or used this game then how can you blame the game?

Yeah, video games have nothing to do with shootings. There's no culture issue...blah blah blah

Steam store school-shooting game 'appalling'

Yeah, because shitting on (an admittedly dumb) videogame, is going to make criminally insane people stop shooting up schools... I would think that if a game actually motivated someone to kill innocent
people, then something is likely seriously wrong mentally with whoever that person is to begin with.

Not to mention, this isn't some "new" kind of thing. [rofl]

In the 80s there was even gems like "concentration camp manager" and stuff like that, too... lol.

this will not do anything to get them off guns.

Even so, how old is this game. Have any of the school shooting suspects ever seen or heard of this game? have any ever played the game?

I think it's a stupid game but if none of the shooters ever saw or used this game then how can you blame the game?

This "game" is not even released yet. It's scheduled to go on sale on Steam on June 6. So no....... this shit did not cause any school shootings. This is actually supposed to be a "simulator". It is a piece of shit but it's a simulator. No one in their right mind who actually likes shooting games would play this crap. It looks horrible [laugh]

The developer just posted a note on Steam:
Hello everyone,

Since this game's storefront been live, I have been stormed with accusations and heavy critics from people across the globe. Whilst I see people's points of view and where are they coming from - I wanted to clarify a few things.

First of all, this game does not promote any sort of violence, especially any soft of a mass shooting. As I said in the description of the game:

Active Shooter is essentially a dynamic SWAT simulator in which dynamic roles are offered to players.
Originally when this game started its course of the development, I have planned on having SWAT only based gameplayer. Then I thought about adding more gameplay to it by adding additional roles: of the shooter and the civilian. While I can see people's anger and why this might be a bad idea for the game, I still feel like this topic should be left alone. As I mentioned in steam discussion forums, there are games like Hatred, Postal, Carmageddon and etc., which are even worst compared to "Active Shooter" and literally focus on mass shootings/killings of people.

I have wrote to Valve regarding this game and waiting for the reply. After receiving such high amount of critics and hate, I will more likely remove shooters role in this game by the release, unless if it can be kept as it is right now.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read and leave your responses!!!

The developer, Revived Games, also came out with these other titles, "Tyde Pod Challenge" and "White Power: Pure Voltage" [slap]

This "game" is not even released yet. It's scheduled to go on sale on Steam on June 6. So no....... this shit did not cause any school shootings. This is actually supposed to be a "simulator". It is a piece of shit but it's a simulator. No one in their right mind who actually likes shooting games would play this crap. It looks horrible [laugh]

The developer just posted a note on Steam:

The developer, Revived Games, also came out with these other titles, "Tyde Pod Challenge" and "White Power: Pure Voltage" [slap]

well, not even released yet...so not this game...and to blame a game I think is out there. People know right from wrong. Not sure what malfunction these school shooters have....but it's not games and it's not guns. Millions of us have guns and we're not doing anything. Millions more have video games and they are doing nothing. I don't play video games. I'm more of a Pinball guy. Although space invaders....cool game. But I still will not believe it's a game causing this crap.

Back
Top Bottom