• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Shooter Defense Protocol Has Changed: Massachusetts Students Told To ATTACK!!!

I always told the kids that if it comes down to it and you can’t get out then grab a fire extinguisher.
Pull the pin and empty it in his face. Then use the other end to turn his skull into pudding. Don’t stop smashing his head with it until after his autopsy.

I like that!

They're hard to find in schools, sadly. Two per floor in my school, and they're both out in the halls. They'd be inaccessible once the door's barricaded.

I like that!

They're hard to find in schools, sadly. Two per floor in my school, and they're both out in the halls. They'd be inaccessible once the door's barricaded.
That’s unfortunate.
I’m pretty sure that there was one in every classroom when I was a kid.
I assume that they’re not as necessary in newer schools that all have fire suppression systems.

That’s unfortunate.
I’m pretty sure that there was one in every classroom when I was a kid.
I assume that they’re not as necessary in newer schools that all have fire suppression systems.

Yes, we've got sprinklers. A teacher once asked the local CoP whether holding a lighter up to the sprinklers to set them off buildingwide would hinder a shooter, and the CoP said, "Sure. But it would also hinder the response, so..."

As part of a police drill at her first teaching job, my daughter asked if she was close enough to the shooter should she try to drop the magazine on the weapon. Her coworkers howled at the question, but the cop said it was a good idea.

(she knows her way around an AR and various Pistols and has the mindset to protect the kids at ALL costs)

…At her next job she asked if she could keep a can of wasp spray in her desk. Think she is still waiting for an answer.

…At her next job she asked if she could keep a can of wasp spray in her desk. Think she is still waiting for an answer.

She hasn't been teaching long enough to learn the fundamental rule of teaching: never ask an administrator for permission to do anything.

Just do it. Especially where safety is concerned.

Every classroom should have a can of wasp spray.Stuff shoots about 20 feet. May sound lame but it would probably work if you get the bad guy in the face

Usual liability problem. Kids pick up the spray cause they're bored and start squirting each other cause they're morons. Teachers and school gets sued. I pay for it in my taxes.

I have been told my those who run schools in Massachusetts - that there is a new protocol for school shootings!!!

No more Run, Hide, Fight.

They are now told to ATTACK!!!

Have we finally woken up in the realities of school shootings???

This is FANTASTIC news!!!

However, I can not find any other sources of this information other than a friend in the know.
Your friend is not too sharp.

My kids learned the Run Hide Fight model. My kids don't trust anything the schools say, so they double check with me (proud papa emoji) .

I tell them I agree on Run first - GTFO and don't wait for the teacher to line you up. Daughter was spoken to once for not waiting a couple years ago and just left during a fire drill. She'll only pay attention to that if she sees fire trucks before the alarm goes off (obvious drill).
Fight is second, and do it like you're the third monkey getting on the Ark and it's starting to rain.
Hide is last option, and try to use the fat kids as cover.

I told my kids since they were middle-schoolers, maybe younger. There is a simple strategy.

I call it W-I-N-D-O-W.

It goes like this. Get to a window. Get the F out. Run like hell. Hope you're on the 1st floor. ;)

I told my kids since they were middle-schoolers, maybe younger. There is a simple strategy.

I call it W-I-N-D-O-W.

It goes like this. Get to a window. Get the F out. Run like hell. Hope you're on the 1st floor. ;)

Yep. There are a lot of IFs there, but "window" is what ALICE preaches too.

Alas. The first floor is generally where they put administrators, nurses, cafeterias, guidance counselors, etc. It's always the floor with the fewest students, usually by a lot. The newer the school, the worse that problem becomes.

Back
Top Bottom