• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Shooter Defense Protocol Has Changed: Massachusetts Students Told To ATTACK!!!

Reptile

NES Member
I have been told my those who run schools in Massachusetts - that there is a new protocol for school shootings!!!

No more Run, Hide, Fight.

They are now told to ATTACK!!!

Have we finally woken up in the realities of school shootings???

This is FANTASTIC news!!!

However, I can not find any other sources of this information other than a friend in the know.

…umm, it’s called ALICE. Some schools do it, some don’t. My school went over to it, oh, about ten years ago.

This isn’t new, and it isn’t across the board. If your “friend in the know” is in a school that just started using ALICE, he’s a bit behind. Anyone who wants to find out whether their schools use ALICE should just call the principal and ask; it’s not a secret.

NH has been doing ALICE for years as well, but ATTACK! is subject to interpretation of the C = Counter aspect. If Alert, Lockdown, Inform move to direct contact with an active shooter, the intent is to disrupt their focus on shooting to Evacuate. That disruption is noise, movement, distance & distraction in the ALICE program, but each school can decide whether to go beyond throwing books and staplers at the shooter. We’ve read about teachers keeping a basket of rocks in their classrooms. If you’ve already got armed SROs and staff CCWing, why not?

In Israel, “swarming” a shooter is a practiced strategy - perhaps better than teachers dying in a futile effort to shield students with their bodies. We don’t have that school-of-fish survival mentality here in the US, but haven’t been subjected to decades of systematic terrorism of that sort.

0993A7F3-0E8A-4D37-B2F0-6A195C4DEFEE.jpeg

I have been told my those who run schools in Massachusetts - that there is a new protocol for school shootings!!!

However, I can not find any other sources of this information other than a friend in the know.
So now "self help" is actually being encouraged in this Communist commonwealth? Never thought I'd live to see the day!

If I were a legislator, I'd sponsor a bill to legalize students in the classrooms to use slung shot, blow gun or zoobow for defense. They can practice skills in PT.
This is my zoobow. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My zoobow is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my zoobow as I must master my life......

It’s all going to come down to the mentality and ability of the individual faced with the situation in the wildly unlikely event that it ever happens to them. Someone who is inclined to curl up in a ball and take rounds in the back is probably going to do just that regardless of “policy,” just like someone inclined to fight will, even if the policy says otherwise. Sure, there’s a very minor training element that some might take some small benefit from, but at the end of the day this is politicians and quasi-politicians doing their usual theater.

Why rocks,how about something a bit more aerodynamic,billiard balls. Easier to grasp and throw accurately and probably hurt a whole lot more on impact. Come to think of it baseballs as well.

I don't know why it isn't mandatory to sign a "I will not attack the school after graduation." contract in order to receive a diploma. 🤔

What a good idea. I'm curious, what are they going to use, pencils? All this while the police stand outside trying to figure out what's going on.

It’s all going to come down to the mentality and ability of the individual faced with the situation in the wildly unlikely event that it ever happens to them. Someone who is inclined to curl up in a ball and take rounds in the back is probably going to do just that regardless of “policy,” just like someone inclined to fight will, even if the policy says otherwise. Sure, there’s a very minor training element that some might take some small benefit from, but at the end of the day this is politicians and quasi-politicians doing their usual theater.

No, it's a little better than that. The C part of ALICE is actually fairly useful, and it's about 500% better than sitting in a corner with the lights off and your fingers crossed, which was the old protocol.

In my experience, most of the decisions and training around ALICE are done at school level, not involving politicians. I'd be a little impressed if even most of my local school committee is even aware of it, and I guarantee no politician at state level has the first clue what the response plans are in schools in their districts.

Politicians don't get much mileage out of preparedness for school shootings. They just swoop in once the bullets stop.

When a bad guy comes at you with multiple handguns or a rifle, gather defensive weapons and be ready. Staplers, pencils, heavy books, chairs, gun free zone signs, etc.

Put yourself in the shoes of a bad guy...

I'd be scared to death about pulling shenanigans in a school full of ornery children willing to fight back!

When my kids went through school they did ALICE. In their school they had plans to barricade the door with heavy desks/file cabinets. A couple of kids were stationed on each side of the door, others were told to pick up items to be thrown. I do believe that there as also an evacuate component as well. If they knew the shooter was at one end of the school, the other end of the school would flee.

When my kids went through school they did ALICE. In their school they had plans to barricade the door with heavy desks/file cabinets. A couple of kids were stationed on each side of the door, others were told to pick up items to be thrown. I do believe that there as also an evacuate component as well. If they knew the shooter was at one end of the school, the other end of the school would flee.
Yep. Exactly.

ALICE is not a bad system, given the constraints placed on school staff who actually know what needs to be done. Like I said above, it’s WAY better than the prior protocol.

The barricade techniques actually do work.

Every classroom should have a can of wasp spray.Stuff shoots about 20 feet. May sound lame but it would probably work if you get the bad guy in the face

If kids still used text books instead of tablets a volley of 20-30 heavy ass books thrown at someone coming through the classroom door would do some damage.

…umm, it’s called ALICE. Some schools do it, some don’t. My school went over to it, oh, about ten years ago.

This isn’t new, and it isn’t across the board. If your “friend in the know” is in a school that just started using ALICE, he’s a bit behind. Anyone who wants to find out whether their schools use ALICE should just call the principal and ask; it’s not a secret.
Sir need i remind you this is the internet... we don't do calm measured well informed responses providing actual advice.

Please resubmit your attempt with more sarcasm... less useful information... maybe even toss an insult in

Back
Top Bottom