School resource officer tackle in Keene,NH

I think the difference is that we don't hear about the 99% (80%?) of situations where the cop gets punished because they aren't outrageous enough to be newsworthy. Cops being above the law = outrage = newsworthy. For those situations that hit the news before punishment is doled out I think there's probably a little bit of wagon circling that happens.

I guess my framed article from Worcester magazine doesn't qualify 😛👌🤣

I have to call bullshit as well.....even more so in this case specifically

This is the kind of BS that contributes to an ever increasing % of the population that are less and less sympathetic to BLM types of BS.....

Until the police clean up the mess in their ranks they're going to increasingly find themselves on the side of tyranny instead of liberty/freedom/constitutional gov

What you're asking for is a utopian ideal. Police will never be on the side of liberty and freedom. The very definition of "police" is to the contrary. You can say anything you want. Bottom line is the kid played stupid games, won stupid prizes. You'd have to be seriously sjw snowflake to think getting tackled for disobeying a lawful order is excessive force. The cop didn't hit the kid, he didn't use any force multipliers, he simply tackled him. Nothing bad about it. If it was my kid, he would have gotten a lot worse punishment once he got home.

The cop didn't hit the kid, he didn't use any force multipliers, he simply tackled him. Nothing bad about it.

Aggressively tackling someone from behind isn't hitting them? The kid wasn't even running away, he was walking through a door.

Aggressively tackling someone from behind isn't hitting them? The kid wasn't even running away, he was walking through a door.

I don't know what kind of background you have, but that was a pretty soft take down. He grabbed the kid around the waist and sloppily used his weight to pull him back onto himself and then rolled the kid over onto his stomach, it was a fairly fast grab, but it wasn't a hard hit at all, and there was very little risk of head injury or anything the way he did it. It was not a body slam or hard take down at all.

I don't know what kind of background you have, but that was a pretty soft take down. He grabbed the kid around the waist and sloppily used his weight to pull him back onto himself and then rolled the kid over onto his stomach, it was a fairly fast grab, but it wasn't a hard hit at all, and there was very little risk of head injury or anything the way he did it. It was not a body slam or hard take down at all.

Bullshit #3. Watch the video again. The cop was clearly all fired up and took him down as hard and as fast as he was able (coming up from behind like that).

Why did he need to tackle the kid? Why not just grab him and talk to him? What the hell threat was the kid posing?

Bullshit #3. Watch the video again. The cop was clearly all fired up and took him down as hard and as fast as he was able (coming up from behind like that).

Why did he need to tackle the kid? Why not just grab him and talk to him? What the hell threat was the kid posing?

The officer had already tried what you suggested, it didn't work, he physically resisted and walked out into the hallway or wherever that was.

The f***ed up thing about this is that you actually believe that this was the necessary and appropriate response for the alleged infraction.

It only helps to bolster my previous post illustrating that most kopsh are wholly unsuitable to be police officers when they think/believe/act out that being chased down and tacked is the appropriate response/escalation to an allegation of under age vaping

Do you have children? The entitled brat who had been previously cited for this, was being disrespectful after he blatantly got caught doing it again, instead of just owning up to it and accepting his punishment. If it was my kid getting tackled by the cop would have been the least of his worries.

edit: entitled brat seemed more appropriate than "kid"

The entire concept of government-run schools is fundamentally wrong-headed and inevitably leads to situations like this one. It is worth remembering that our system of public "education" is one of the prime elements of the Progressive movement and was created specifically to mold children into standardized, obedient servants of the State by John Dewey. The solution is to recognize that education is not a "right", it is an economic "good" just like healthcare. Privatize the education industry, so that parents can pay for the education of their choice. Many different approaches to education will be contrived by entrepreneurs. Costs will go down and quality will go up. Parents paying the bills will once again take a genuine interest in the schooling of their kids and will help to discipline the children to ensure they get value for their money.

I hope there's a blood test involved to see if the Twit was vaping THC and placing others at risk. Hopefully ending with a felony and jail time. It will only help straighten him out. All this other Obamy Bull Crap is just more piss holes in the snow.

I hope there's a blood test involved to see if the Twit was vaping THC and placing others at risk. Hopefully ending with a felony and jail time. It will only help straighten him out. All this other Obamy Bull Crap is just more piss holes in the snow.

Vaping THC and placing others at risk? Felony and jail time?

Go back to bed grandpa.

Two experiences: Sunday night I worked a late shift, was driving home at 1:30 am. About a mile from home, the blue lights come on behind me, I pull over, cop gets out and walks up to my window and says, "I pulled you over because your 3rd brake light is out, can I see your license?" . Hand it to him, and realize my 9mm 1911 is laying on the passenger seat, and my inspection sticker is 4 days out of date. He says " Just letting you know the light is out, have a nice evening".
The other experience is back in the "olden days", 1973 or so, in Ca.. I'm about 18, and at a keg party. sheriffs roll up, announce it's an illegal gathering (ma rights!) , and tells everyone to go home. Some puke like the kid in Keene, starts telling the cop "I WANT YOUR BADGE NUMBER". Cop says "Here it is, and show him his badge, slams him on the ground and handcuffs him, the rest of the crowd of kids start clapping! Guess no cop touched my private bits.

What you're asking for is a utopian ideal. Police will never be on the side of liberty and freedom. The very definition of "police" is to the contrary.

Holy Effing Sht. You have really said it all right there. You are the most statist buffoon I have encountered in a long time.

Insane. If you are a police officer in a public school and you cant find a way to stop a 14 year old kid without resorting to an open field tackle, then you are the problem.

“It looks like it was a legal use of force that followed our procedures. At that point, he didn’t even know he was a student,” Russo said.
Russo declined to name the officer in the video.

It’s department policy to tackle people if you don’t know who they are. It’s also department policy for us not to know who they (the officers) are. Because that’s both sensible and non hypocritical.
And if the person who's being attacked defends them self shit gets real.

If I had to guess why so few police are allowed to use nightsticks or batons it's because the rank and file isn't trusted with them.

I'm well aware he was tackled for fleeing. That whoosh sound you hear is the sound of sarcasm going over your head.
Wasn’t directed at you - apologies if it came off that way. I sometimes post after discovering new local breweries and wineries...

You think im dishonest for pointing out a school resource officer should handle this better? You're wrong. You sound like LEO, and I pray to baby jesus that they take your badge away before your tough guy posturing does actual harm to someone. This is not a noble action by this cop, which is so representative of the hostility most cops exert towards the citizenry. And if you support this kind of action inside a school over a vape pen, then you would have to be a buffoon.
Your last sentence is why I called you out for being a liar. You know damned well he didn’t get tackled because he was vaping. Your using the same dishonesty as conflating legal immigrants with illegal immigrants and human traffickers. But you’re following that Communist playbook - keep repeating A LIE and people will eventually believe it.

And no, I don’t have a badge to take away- but I have a shred of integrity. (You can Google the term, or use a dictionary.)

I don't think anyone in here is saying the kid wasn't being an idiot. And that repercussions for said idiocy isn't warranted. But tackling someone walking away from you for.... is it even a misdemeanor? Was there even a crime? For not following the rules of the school? For refusing to identify himself? We don't have to identify ourselves on the street unless we are suspected of a crime and being detained. I am not even sure how this could be applied in this circumstance.

I'm more pro-cop than anti-cop, but I am having a hard time justifying this. You just look at it and ask "why?" If the guy wasn't a police officer, this would be assault and battery, and possibly Aggravated assault given the mass difference.

Some things that many here don't understand, as they are from states with different application of law. In New Hampshire all violations of law are arrestable. The fact that the subject was in a school, involved in an act that is in violation of school rules and subject to being questioned and he refused to give his name "Verbally" to a police officer, makes him subject to possible arrest, his failure to further comply with the law then allowed for the police officer to use reasonable force to effect that arrest. You folks don't have to like this, but that is the way it is, Don't like it, have that changed.

Some things that many here don't understand, as they are from states with different application of law. In New Hampshire all violations of law are arrestable. The fact that the subject was in a school, involved in an act that is in violation of school rules and subject to being questioned and he refused to give his name "Verbally" to a police officer, makes him subject to possible arrest, his failure to further comply with the law then allowed for the police officer to use reasonable force to effect that arrest. You folks don't have to like this, but that is the way it is, Don't like it, have that changed.
Except tackling someone is not step one on the use of force thingy a doodle.

And the problem is a lot of police like to skip steps. And the crisis is enough police do this in front of witnesses or cameras to elderly people, small females and teenagers. This is the actual problem.

If tackling this person was the 1st physical step to stop him then he failed as a police officer. The police should not resort to take downs after a verbal warning unless the person is a danger.

Not to toot my own flute but if I took someone down its very easy to make that person need an ambulance ride out just via the take down. It's a shit load of energy and weight hitting a solid surface.

Except tackling someone is not step one on the use of force thingy a doodle.

And the problem is a lot of police like to skip steps. And the crisis is enough police do this in front of witnesses or cameras to elderly people, small females and teenagers. This is the actual problem.

If tackling this person was the 1st physical step to stop him then he failed as a police officer. The police should not resort to take downs after a verbal warning unless the person is a danger.

Not to toot my own flute but if I took someone down its very easy to make that person need an ambulance ride out just via the take down. It's a shit load of energy and weight hitting a solid surface.
As usual you don't have a clue of what you are keyboarding about, just your emotions, and opinion. with out any knowledge of what the first steps that were taken before those two came of that door and showed up on camera.

As usual you don't have a clue of what you are keyboarding about, just your emotions, and opinion. with out any knowledge of what the first steps that were taken before those two came of that door and showed up on camera.

Whatever happened on the other side of the door didn’t justify what was on video. If it had the dept spokesperson would have mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom