School resource officer tackle in Keene,NH

KEENE — Police are investigating the Keene High School police resource officer’s use of force when he tackled a teen who police say was vaping in a bathroom.

I think it is justified due to the unwarranted wearing of a clown costume outside the time allowances of Halloween and his 'Bro's' excessive use of the word 'Bro' when asking the officer to release his com padre, Bozo.

“It looks like it was a legal use of force that followed our procedures. At that point, he didn’t even know he was a student,” Russo said.
Russo declined to name the officer in the video.

It’s department policy to tackle people if you don’t know who they are. It’s also department policy for us not to know who they (the officers) are. Because that’s both sensible and non hypocritical.

Russo said the officer did not recognize the teen and was concerned for the school community at large.

“At that point, he didn’t even know he was a student,” Russo said.

Silly.

He was vaping, bro! VAPING!! We're lucky the kid wasn't shot.

Several years ago, a guy I knew at church was a security guard for something. Overnight. Some kids were climbing over hte fence or something. I forget exactly what happened. But he gave chase.

And then he fell down. AND THEN THE GUN HE HAD IN HIS HAND WENT OFF!

Struck 2 parked cars.

?????????

Still had his job.

How deceptive and deliberately misleading. Read the article and come to find out, he didn’t tackle the kid because he was vaping in the bathroom. He tackled the kid because he refused to identify himself and then took off into the school proper.

I’n not justifying it, I wasn’t there and they’re clearly only showing the few seconds of carefully selected video, but some of you are quite the hypocrites, bitching about gun control and media deception yet doing the same damned thing.

Jesus. What type of force would they use had it been an ACTUAL cigarette. Donkey punch? Choke slam? Cripple creek ferry?

'Member when you could just meet your teachers in the secret spot outside school to share cigarettes? A much more civilized time.

Kid didn't identify himself and was clearly trying to walk away from the officer and didn't obey the officer's commands, officer didn't even know if he was a student there. I'd say it's justified given today's climate in schools. Officer's job is to protect the school, this kid wasn't cooperating and acting suspicious, tackling him isn't that big of an escalation of force. This wasn't exactly a small child either, he was physically almost the same size as the officer so I don't blame the cop for trying to get the upper hand quickly.

How deceptive and deliberately misleading. Read the article and come to find out, he didn’t tackle the kid because he was vaping in the bathroom. He tackled the kid because he refused to identify himself and then took off into the school proper.

I’n not justifying it, I wasn’t there and they’re clearly only showing the few seconds of carefully selected video, but some of you are quite the hypocrites, bitching about gun control and media deception yet doing the same damned thing.

I'm well aware he was tackled for fleeing. That whoosh sound you hear is the sound of sarcasm going over your head.

If you watch the vid and freeze frame it, the kid appeared to be in a hurry as he got to the doorway, and then slowed down , like who me, what, the cop however was full tilt before during and after going thru doorway.

“It looks like it was a legal use of force that followed our procedures. At that point, he didn’t even know he was a student,” Russo said.
Russo declined to name the officer in the video.

It’s department policy to tackle people if you don’t know who they are. It’s also department policy for us not to know who they (the officers) are. Because that’s both sensible and non hypocritical.
No, the a**h*** punk was walking away ignoring him. Had it been a non student and pulled a weapon out, snowflakes would be saying the cop didn't do his job. Punk shitheads like this puke are the problem.

Remember when kids could be kids? Kids today cant so much sneeze without permission. Everywhere they go is a camera or adult. I went to a football game and the students section has a “monitor” who is basically a full time hall monitor. leave the kids alone. So what if he vaped? so what if he didn’t identify himself? So what if he ran last time?

also, eff this cop. He’s the same guy that shoots an unarmed fleeing perp suspected of shoplifting.

The news story (aka covering their ass) is more made up shit. The cop knows and hates the kid. I’d bet they are both @holes, the cop and the kid.

Dude, you are a liar. You are flat out dishonest. You have no integrity after reading your post. You suck at life, you are a hypocrite, and have no place interjecting your bullshit in an honest conversation.

Honest conversion only to sling ad hominem attacks because you didn’t like his hyperbolic quips about donkey punches? Must have struck a nerve, don’t tell me you’ve actually done that before...[laugh]

OK...let's say that a non-cop tackled someone in a school, that was walking away, because they didn't know them, and had not expressed any hostile intent?

Cool, or assault?

If the vaper had said, "F you, pig," and had made a hostile motion, that one thing.

Just found this:

What are appropriate roles of school resource officers? The goals of well-founded SRO programs include providing safe learning environments in our nation’s schools, providing valuable resources to school staff members, fostering positive relationships with youth, developing strategies to resolve problems affecting youth and protecting all students, so that they can reach their fullest potentials. NASRO considers it a best practice to use a “triad concept” to define the three main roles of school resource officers: educator (i.e. guest lecturer), informal counselor/mentor, and law enforcement officer.

From here: Frequently Asked Questions - National Association of School Resource Officers

I think that the SRO should have checked the FAQs. [rolleyes]

I'm sure all the defenders of the little punk, are proud to support Antifa too? The shithead is well on his way to being a parasite on society, but "cops bad". Thug in training, and supported by the usual cop haters and Leftists of the board.

1375 kids in Keene HS. Assuming 4 grades, 344 kids per grade. He's 16, so that makes him a sophomore or a junior. Cop didn't recognize someone who has been in the school system for better than a year? Not know his name, sure. Not know his face? Bullshit. Where is he going to walk to? Is he going to hide in a locker? Was he worried he'd escape the country before he could find a yearbook to reference? No,, he was pissed off the kid wasn't respecting him or answering him. Or is vaping the secret gateway to becoming a school shooter?

Which America would you rather live in? One where a cop sees a teen vaping in school and chases and tackles them when they don’t obey his command to come back and turn himself in causing injury and a lawsuit, making the news, or an America where the cop sees it but the kid gets away, and the cop either shrugs it off or just spends 5 minutes trying to ID him (through video, whatever) if he gets around to it?

Or the third option, which doesn’t have cops patrolling every school with an authority boner in the first place?

if you’re going to put cops in schools they should at least be cops who are smart enough to realize where they are and adjust their behavior accordingly.

Dude, you are a liar. You are flat out dishonest. You have no integrity after reading your post. You suck at life, you are a hypocrite, and have no place interjecting your bullshit in an honest conversation.

Anyone that read the article can plainly see punk did NOT get tackled just because he was vaping, but you“progressives” will keep pushing lies because you assume we’re all as dumb as you.
Go high-five a train, Commie. Can’t stand you hypocrites. Push lies but bitch about others doing the same. Waste of perfectly good oxygen.

You think im dishonest for pointing out a school resource officer should handle this better? You're wrong. You sound like LEO, and I pray to baby jesus that they take your badge away before your tough guy posturing does actual harm to someone. This is not a noble action by this cop, which is so representative of the hostility most cops exert towards the citizenry. And if you support this kind of action inside a school over a vape pen, then you would have to be a buffoon.

Was he worried he'd escape the country before he could find a yearbook to reference? No,, he was pissed off the kid wasn't respecting him or answering him.

This X 10,000. This cop is a tough guy and a bully. He was looking to escalate. There are literally hundreds of other ways he could have handled it in a non-authoritarian way. But.....

if you’re going to put cops in schools they should at least be cops who are smart enough to realize where they are and adjust their behavior accordingly.

...this cop was not smart enough to have situational awareness of how to act. This dummy cop cannot think for himself and his default is "respect my authority".

Back
Top Bottom