• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Officials Deeply Troubled Over Guns Appearing on No Guns Allowed Signs

I do agree that intelligent people do not go into education, in general. The intelligent people realize that there is no money to be made by teaching.

You have to change people's minds one at a time.

I work at Harvard, and the majority of the people there are extremely progressive.

We as a group need to show that law abiding gun owners are trustworthy and safe.
This won't work. Gun restrictionists just want to ban guns. They aren't actually concerned with safety, and thus they don't care if you are trustworthy.

Focus the lens on the perpetrators of gun crime.
This would detract from their effort to ban guns. Getting to root cause is not really part of the agenda. Note that any new focus placed on mental health, under the auspices of dealing with one of the root causes of violence perpetrated using firearms, has been perverted into new avenues for denying law-abiding citizens legal access to firearms.

I doubt either is more effective, since most of the bad guys off themselves when they're done doing what they do. But I would prefer to see the second one.
handbill-gunfree-armed.jpg

We protect our banks , courthouses, federal buildings, politicians, their children, ... Hell , we protect guys digging a hole in the street - with armed men.

But not our children.

When the SHTF these are our adversaries. This makes me happy as I could probably handle a couple dozen myself as most will be running for their lives. [laugh] we should make some DUMB FREE ZONE signs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom