• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Officials Deeply Troubled Over Guns Appearing on No Guns Allowed Signs

I am deeply troubled by the level of stupidity in our school systems. And I don't mean the sub-par education the kids are getting

Maybe, just maybe, if they taught kids to read in those schools, we wouldn't need to use a pictogram to get the message across to the illiterate.

This assumes that seeing the word "gun" isn't as traumatizing as seeing a picture of a gun.

Maybe if they produced literate students, they would know what g-u-n spells and wouldn't need a picture.

You have to change people's minds one at a time.

I work at Harvard, and the majority of the people there are extremely progressive.

We as a group need to show that law abiding gun owners are trustworthy and safe.

Focus the lens on the perpetrators of gun crime.

You cannot prove you will not commit a crime in the future... and if removing all guns from law abiding citizens would only save one child's life, it must be worth it.

For the sarcasm challenged crowd... I am merely pointing out what his Harvard crowd will tell him when he tries to prove he is trustworthy and safe.

blank+Free+Zone.jpg

Antis afraid of their own signs?

Proves that even when you give into the antis, they will never be appeased. Their appetites for tyranny are insatiable.

-Mike

oh for ****'s sake. do they have textbooks in that school? i remember history books having pictures of armed soldiers. they should probably ban those too.

whatever, let these ****ers post something with just words, and wait for some non-english speaking person to carry on school property, then get away with it on the grounds that they couldn't read the sign.

Maybe they should have this: Vietnam headshot with a circle and bar through it so there is no confusion.

I would also be okay with a big yellow sign saying 'NO' with a stick figure shooting a bunch of other stick figures.

Stories like this make me wonder if liberals stand up from the toilet, turn around, and, outraged, demand to know who took a crap while they were in the bathroom.

I'm deeply troubled that somehow we have chosen the most useless members of our population to educate the next generation.
I like to think I do a pretty good job.

Yesterday the second amendment came up in my 7th grade class, and one kid said it was the dumbest thing added to the constitution, on the premise of "nobody back then knew what kinda guns we would have today". I told him it was initially included in the constitution so that the people could protect themselves from the government. He thought that was odd, but it seemed to pique his interest and make him question his thought process just a little.

I didn't take it any further, as it isn't really my job to take it further, in my opinion.

Last edited:
yeah, with a sign like that, some student may eat a piece of toast to look like it and actually point it at someone else. The horror.

BTW, nevermind the 1000 guns the kid sees on TV every month.

Good call. Next time I see one of those signs maybe I'll whip out my gun and compare. "Nope, not prohibited. Doop dee doooo."

"I did not see a sign prohibiting me from driving through the playground during recess, so I thought that was okay."

Do they still have recess? Or is that too dangerous, what with the bullies and violence?

Yesterday the second amendment came up in my 7th grade class, and one kid said it was the dumbest thing added to the constitution, on the premise of "nobody back then knew what kinda guns we would have today". I told him it was initially included in the constitution so that the people could protect themselves from the government. He thought that was odd, but it seemed to pique his interest and make him question his thought process just a little.
I didn't take it any further, as it isn't really my job to take it further, in my opinion.

I know there's some good guys like you out there.
To be fair no one at my kids school acts like that either.
He'd tell me in a heartbeat if there was any anti talk.

I assume this is a rhetorical question.

Sort of -- just really frustrating after a while. It's so tiresome to see laws, policy and culture dictated by people whose emotions are the only thing that guide their thoughts. I can deal with people who disagree and can back up their reasoning. I can't deal with people who go through life unconscious and unawares like cattle.

You missed an opportunity to also tell this student that they didn't know what kind of "press/media" we'd have today either and see if he can make the connection that the Constitution didn't freeze rights as of the day of it being written and signed.

You missed an opportunity to also tell this student that they didn't know what kind of "press/media" we'd have today either and see if he can make the connection that the Constitution didn't freeze rights as of the day of it being written and signed.

This. I absolutely despise the argument that our founders did not foresee the capabilities of firearms we have today. How can you possibly apply that logic to firearms, and not to the internet, radio, tv, etc.

I'm deeply troubled that somehow we have chosen the most useless members of our population to educate the next generation.

That's because the best and brightest don't go into education. There was a darned good reason why most teachers were women. It was one of the few avenues of employment for smart women at one time. Not saying it's right, but that's history. Now your typical education student might be someone who'se nice and doesn't start out as a complete moron, but the smartest people in school have many avenues open to them that just simply didn't exist at one time.

Back
Top Bottom