• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on the 225a1

I had a early model P225 and enjoyed it. Handed it off to my Son-in-law. I also have a P239 which is slightly smaller. You might consider that too. And even though it's been discontinued there are some out on the used market.
Agreed- and you can set up a 239 with the SRT.

If the 225 fits your hand better than a 229, you just can't go wrong with a Sig P series pistol.
But Sig spoils you. I have a 220 and a 226& 229 in 40. When you get used to shooting a Sig, most other guns feel cheap and shitty in your hand.
I feel like 229 & 226 in 9mm is a waste. They are both big heavy guns and really soak up the additional recoil that 40 produces, very well.
I have a 320 and 365, both in 9mm and the lighter weight makes 9mm make sense to me.

After carrying and shooting a 229 for years, guns like the Shield or anything Ruger, just feel like garbage. CZ and most HK's feel good, or a nice 1911, but when I pick up most guns, I feel like a vampire that just grabbed hold of a crucifix.
Now tons of guys will tell you that "modern 9mm is just as effective as 40 and ballistic gel test show, blah blah blah..40 scares me and I have girly hands and wrists, and my wife shoots 9mm better and since we share underwear and shoes, and she has a bigger dick than I do, I don't like .40"
Shoot steel with a 226 in 9mm and a 226 in 40 and you can see and feel the difference. 40 hits harder. Lots harder.
Stay away from 180 grn ammo, put a set of Hogue rubber grips on a 229 and shoot 165 grn or lighter and its a joy to shoot. Low recoil, carry ammo will make you chuckle at how manageable it is. Add a SRT and people that shoot it go through a magazine and look at me like I am lying and go..."This is a .40?"
Preban mags give you 12 +1 and a spare mag makes 25 rounds of .40 cal JHP. You never feel under gunned.
The most common criticism of the P series is "high bore axis" and it's true that guns like the CZ Shadow or 1911 in 9mm are way better suited for competition and follow up shots, but that is because that is what they were designed for. Most P series are a big heavy gun designed for duty, not competition. Sig makes the 210 for that.
The 225 is a sweet gun and won't let you down, feels great and is accurate. If I am going to carry a gun that big, the caliber is going to start with a 4.

Back
Top Bottom