• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on Lever Actions (please?)

I’m thinking of buying a skinner peep sight to replace the factory rear sight on the old 336. I don’t know if I can bring myself to install a fiber optic on that old gun lol.

or even cooler

or even cooler
Thanks for those links! It dawned on me after browsing skinners site, he doesn’t make a barrel mounted peep for the 336.

Good question. I have no idea. I suppose I could email Skinner.

Well, the reason I ask is that the barrel-mounted peep isn't "for" any particular rifle. It's for a 3/8" dovetail, which is super common. There's a .390" dovetail model for Rossi's, but I always thought Marlins had 3/8" dovetails like most other lever guns.

Well, the reason I ask is that the barrel-mounted peep isn't "for" any particular rifle. It's for a 3/8" dovetail, which is super common. There's a .390" dovetail model for Rossi's, but I always thought Marlins had 3/8" dovetails like most other lever guns.
🤦🏻‍♂️Derp you’re right. I was looking on the wrong section of the skinner website. I see he offers .375" for most rifles and .390" for Rossi as you said.

a .45-120..............
As seen on Wikipedia:

1024px-120_45_Canet_Kuivasaari.JPG

(I may have those numbers backwards).

You watch your mouth!
I have dreams of reaming with Sharps out to 45-120 but realistically it won’t do much that the 45-70 won’t do with modern powders from what I remember reading. The low pressure data slows you down vs modern 45-70

I wouldn't mind a vintage looking rolling block in a more modern caliber. Nothing too outrageous.

Hoe-Lee-Crap.

MARLIN, ROSSI, HENRY, and other decent lever action 357 carbines are going for bonkers insane prices on gunbroker right now (and the past several weeks) .....

Like $2K and up

😲:oops:[thinking]

= That is all

Found this in the w.t.s.-

Try a w.t.b. maybe?

Sorry to quote myself, but even if not a Henry, is there anyone who makes one of these?

How about a clone of the JC Higgins model 44M I posted earlier? Or the Ruger lever action .22 Mag (96-22?)?
Starting a new post for this:

Hoe-Lee-Crap.

MARLIN, ROSSI, HENRY, and other decent lever action 357 carbines are going for bonkers insane prices on gunbroker right now (and the past several weeks) .....

Like $2K and up

😲:oops:[thinking]

= That is all
Gunprime has 357 Henry's with the side gate right now for 1399.00 .......... $400 over MSRP. Thats retarded.

Thank God I bought my Marlin 357 last year for what I thought was steep at 550! Now they are unobtainium until Ruger decides to make them again, and odds are when they
do they will be kissing a grand probably.

Another vote for Skinner peeps. Installed them on my Henry Brass 30-30, easy bolt on no bubba drilling required . I have the sights calibrated to my mild "cowboy" cast load to zero at 50 yds, then by raising the rear peep I can reach 200 meters. Took a lot of trial and error with reworking an "extra tall" front sight, but I eventually got there and they work awesome. So much better than the cheeseball rear buckhorn slider.

DSCF1250.JPG

Back
Top Bottom