• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on Lever Actions (please?)

The SW levers dont look too bad and I like the built in m-lok slots.

I"d get one if it came in 223 or a 6mm variant.

The SW levers dont look too bad and I like the built in m-lok slots.

I"d get one if it came in 223 or a 6mm variant.
You can't run pointed bullets in a tubular magazine. The nose of one bullet would be against the primer of the next one, and a round could ignite in the magazine under recoil.

If you want rifle calibers with spitzer type bullets, you need a box magazine. And this is the primary reason that there are some lever actions that use box magazines. Historically, there have not been many box fed lever actions, but there have been some, and I think Henry has just introduced a new one that uses AR mags.

You can't run pointed bullets in a tubular magazine. The nose of one bullet would be against the primer of the next one, and a round could ignite in the magazine under recoil.

If you want rifle calibers with spitzer type bullets, you need a box magazine. And this is the primary reason that there are some lever actions that use box magazines. Historically, there have not been many box fed lever actions, but there have been some, and I think Henry has just introduced a new one that uses AR mags.

Sumbitch.....I thought that thing took AICS mags.

Hornady Leverevolution flex tip bullets are pointed but work in tubular magazines because of their flexible tip design.

Attachments

• HORNADY-44-MAGNUM-225-GR-FTX-LEVEREVOLUTION-AMMO-BOX-OF-20-CARTRIDGES_100836063_24163_CA32703D...jpg
    HORNADY-44-MAGNUM-225-GR-FTX-LEVEREVOLUTION-AMMO-BOX-OF-20-CARTRIDGES_100836063_24163_CA32703D...jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. I bought it in the mid 70's for $145. I spent a lot of time working up an accurate load for it. It took quite a few woodchucks from a dairy farm my friends and I serviced removing varmints and then deer hunted on.
-mike

Was looking at my daughter’s Rossi rifle today and noticed a hole over the loading gate. What am I missing?

View attachment 856132View attachment 856133
Yea, that hole allows accsess to punch out the pin that holds the lever and bolt together. If either of you decide to take it apart there are some good you tube videos with some alternate take down methods because getting those two parts back together can be frustrating.

Few years back I had a Rossi 92 in 454 Casull that I sold, wish I hadn't but I'm looking for another one now.

Last edited:
Confessional. Still unfired.
View attachment 859315
I don't know how you can do that. I get so pumped when I get a new gun it is my mission to get it to the range to try it out.

I know I've posted some of these up in the past but here is my current collection.

Henry H010B 45-75
Winchester 1894 pre1964 30-30
Henry H0006GR 44Mag/44 Spl
Henry H0006GML 44Mag/44 Spl
Henry H001Y 22 S/L/LR

I kind of want to get the Axe. Don't know why. Don't know if I need a reason. Haven't seen one for sale yet but it is on my interest list.

Attachments

• 20240310_073047.jpg
    20240310_073047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
I have some old 336's (50's vintage) I have bought over the years and just stuck in the safe. I finally got around to doing complete takedown and detailed cleaning of them and replacing buggered up screws because that drives me nuts. Tracking down screws has been challenging, I find them on Ebay but man they are pricey!

I have some old 336's (50's vintage) I have bought over the years and just stuck in the safe. I finally got around to doing complete takedown and detailed cleaning of them and replacing buggered up screws because that drives me nuts. Tracking down screws has been challenging, I find them on Ebay but man they are pricey!

Have you tried this guy for parts?

Have you tried this guy for parts?

No I haven't but I will. I did put one of these kits in my guide gun, they're a nice upgrade but pricey.

Back
Top Bottom