School me on high point carbines

El_Guapo77

NES Member
I decided to pick up a high point in 9mm it should arrive in the next day or so. Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on the interwebs and i Would like some input from my fellow NES members

Don't try and take it apart to "work on it", you will be shocked and hurt by the stamped sheet metal and riveted parts inside.

Just treat it like a kind of 2x4 to whack things with, and you'll enjoy it.

I had one which was reliable, just ugly as sin inside and out. And don't cut yourself on the cheap sharp magazine.

I cried on 7/20 when crazy woman Ms Maura overnight made the Hi-Point the "official semi-auto carbine" of the Commiewealth of Massachusetts. [crying] Okay, the Mini-14 and Mini-30 too... but seeing all those Hi-Points on tables at the last show in place of AR's and AK's was truly a frightful sight to behold. [thinking]

Also the barrel looks like a piece of cheap steel tubing you'd find on a piece of lawn furniture.

Still, it's more fun to shoot than it has a right to be.

I have one, can't say too much as I really haven't shot it that much, but I will say I was really surprised at how accurate it is out to about 100 yds. Also the mags suck.

Last edited:
they are ugly cheap POS.....but some how just keep shooting.
So far everyone I know who owns one loves them.
There like that POS dirt bike that everybody rides because its there and it runs.

For the price why not...

Also don't forget that their customer service is so good it puts many "high end " gun makers to shame.

The guns have a pretty much no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Wear it out and they will rebuild it for free, and pay shipping.

I have a friend who owns a gun range. he had 2 of them he used for rentals. After a few years and somewhere around 100,000 rounds each, he sent them in to be gone through. The letter he put in the box asked them to call him with an estimate for the work. 10 days after he shipped them out he hadn't hard from Hi Point so he called. They told him that they had just been shipped out and were on their way back to him. No charge. These were guns in commercial use as rentals. And HP went through them at no charge. They essentially replaced all the springs in the guns plus the bolt.

Last edited:
Good enough for a Detroit mother....skip to 0:48....

That was awesome, good job by that woman! I been holding out for a Sub2k but might just pick up one of those instead, definitely an ugly stick but probably could be fun to shoot the crap out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy of mine has one (NES Member also). While we rag on him incessantly about it. In the speed steel shoots, he's one of the fastest with it.

I had the 4595 .45 with red dot. It was a lot of fun with no functionality issues but I traded it towards something else before putting too many rounds down it. One thing that bothered me a lot was it rusted for no good reason. It was in my safe with all of my other guns that never rusted but this HiPoint did. Most of the rust was on the screws but some light rust was also on the barrel. I guess it just had a piss poor finish on pretty much all of the metal parts.

Love my 9 and 40 carbines but what I am looking for is someone in ma who wants to sell a hi point 40 pistol (already have a 9) ftf. I know its a cheap gun but the 9 has been flawless with half decent ammo but most of what I have is 40....

I had the 4595 .45 with red dot. It was a lot of fun with no functionality issues but I traded it towards something else before putting too many rounds down it. One thing that bothered me a lot was it rusted for no good reason. It was in my safe with all of my other guns that never rusted but this HiPoint did. Most of the rust was on the screws but some light rust was also on the barrel. I guess it just had a piss poor finish on pretty much all of the metal parts.

With such a cheap ugly gun, it seems like some rust would only add to the charm.

You will have fun with this carbine. I am an old wood and metal guy. Garand, 1903-A3 etc. I bought one a few years ago because it was cheap and weird. I figured it would be fun to see what reactions I would get at the range. I shoot small 100 foot steel targets at the pistol range with it and can not miss! I than take it to the rifle range and shoot 100 yard steel and do not miss a plate! After 200 rounds on the first day not one jam or problem. Surprise - It is a lot of fun to take to the range. I can shoot it on any range because it is a 9 mil. The sights are easy to use with my old worn out eyes. What is not to like about this carbine? Maybe they should make a wood and parkerized version and charge $1000 for it? Just kidding.

Back
Top Bottom