School me on AK's

Ok who wants to school me on AK's...Currently I have a Mosin and a SKS..With the SKS purchase I picked up a ton of 762X39 so that moves my next purchase to an AK (Sorry AR guys [laugh])

500 to 900 to spend...Want wood no plastics...I prefer older guns but would be open to late models

Any leads?? What should I be looking for...The must have AK

Last edited:
"This is the AK47 assault rifle. It is the preferred weapon of your enemy. It makes a disctinct sound when fired at you."

The Arsenal's are great - very high quality. But you can probably build your own off a Saiga or older model for a lot less than a new Arsenal.

depending on your budget there are tons of AKs out there. i would say don't fixate on wood furniture as it can be easily swapped-out for whatever wood you want. if you see a good deal on AK with plastic parts just get it and change later.

Arsenal/K-VAR makes one of the best AKs but price start at 1k and goes up from there depending on what you are getting.

i personally would not buy WASR unless it was dirt cheap

building one is pretty involved especially WTR of AK-specific tools that can cost as much as a riffle itself or even more.

I was in the same position as you just a few weeks ago, got a mosin and a SKS and tons of 7.62x39 ammo as well. A fellow NESer helped me score an awesome norinco mak 90 on gunbroker for $625 including transfer fee. I absolutely love this thing, just have to talk with dealers beforehand that won't give you a hard time about transferring it like I was experiencing. I'd definitely recommend a norinco mak 90 for sure.

View attachment 83438View attachment 83440

I was in the same position as you just a few weeks ago, got a mosin and a SKS and tons of 7.62x39 ammo as well. A fellow NESer helped me score an awesome norinco mak 90 on gunbroker for $625 including transfer fee. I absolutely love this thing, just have to talk with dealers beforehand that won't give you a hard time about transferring it like I was experiencing. I'd definitely recommend a norinco mak 90 for sure.

Since we are from the same area, if I decided to go this route I'm curious as to which shop you ended up using for the transfer? And which shops gave you a hard time. PM is cool if you don't feel like posting here for some reason.

Last edited:
Since we are from the same area, if I decided to go this route I'm curious as to which shop you ended up using for the transfer? And which shops have you a hard time. PM is cool if you don't feel like posting here for some reason.

There are definitely deals on gunbroker if you search hard enough and are patient.

View attachment 83438View attachment 83440
what kind of comp does it have? i can't quite make it out? is it 74-style?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom