• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Ground Shootings.

Garys

NES Member
Of Arms and the Law

The traditional response was bring up the SWAT team, plan it out carefully, then go in. As the matter was better understood, this switched to whoever gets there first goes in immediately -- seconds passing means people dying. To my mind, this is a powerful argument for allowing teachers to be armed. The article ends:

"The other statistic that emerged from a study of active killers is that they almost exclusively seek out "gun free" zones for their attacks.

The article has a link to the original study.

I think I made one of my fellow teachers nervous when I pointed out that the place she and her class are to go during a lock down is only behind half inch sheetrock.

On a side note I read in the paper from Wednesday that there was lock down at Hamilton-Wenham over a couple of .22lr rounds that were found on a faculty member’s desk. Interestingly enough, the report in the paper spelled out the procedures that schools use in the case of a lockdown.

Between the events at Beverly High and Hamilton-Wenham, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a push by some group to start an ammunition ban. All it takes is one person to recruit a high school kid to just drop the rounds someplace where the rounds will be found and poof, instant hobgoblin.

Back
Top Bottom