School Christmas Concert

Wild, Wonderfull West Virginia! FREE AT LAST!!
Last weekend I attended the Berkeley County Schools "Holiday" concert.
This is rural WV and loaded with those you call "Fudds" and "Hicks".
My son is playing Bass in the County HS Orchestra and his HS stage orchestra.
The individual school bands and choirs performed the MA legal secular selections but also did classics like "God Rest Yee Merry Gentlemen", "Away In A Manger", "We Three Kings" and "Silient Night".
Songs of faith and worship that if performed in public in a Mass school would rip the social fabric apart.[shocked]
It did my heart good to see that there is still a piece of the America I grew up in out there.[grin]

My appologies to the Mods. I just noticed I probably put this in the wrong area.

Last edited:
My 9 year old is playing drums, and singing 12/22 in his schools Christmas Concert.. I do believe there are some songs about Christmas too.. [laugh]

Last edited:
The so-called "political incorrectness" here is refreshing. There is no such thing as Happy Holidays - it's Merry Christmas. No one is trying to offend Jewish people, muslims, etc., but people shouldn't get offended by hearing Merry Christmas even if they don't celebrate it. They are words.

Either that or we just don't care if others get offended.

The so-called "political incorrectness" here is refreshing. There is no such thing as Happy Holidays - it's Merry Christmas. No one is trying to offend Jewish people, muslims, etc., but people shouldn't get offended by hearing Merry Christmas even if they don't celebrate it. They are words.

Either that or we just don't care if others get offended.

People get offended over BS all the time. Tara's avatar sums my view up neatly.

Just a little fact for you guys.

28% of americans now say Happy Holidays...

The other 72% say Feliz Navidad.

lol[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom