Schaumburg Cop Charged With Taking Gun Turned In For Disposal

I've always assumed everyone in the dept gets to go over the table and take what they want and then the real garbage gets tossed out. Eh who am I kidding, i still think thats how it works and this guy just pissed off the wrong higher up.

I've always assumed everyone in the dept gets to go over the table and take what they want and then the real garbage gets tossed out. Eh who am I kidding, i still think thats how it works and this guy just pissed off the wrong higher up.

They gotta' get their throwdown pieces from somewhere, right ? [wink]

They found it in his lunchbag a few days later? WTF?

OK jokes:

This whole thing stinks.

Sounds like maybe someone DID use it as a throwdown!

Think they had a warrant?

I've never seen it before in my life!

He had a 22 gun in his lunchbag for fun...

I told my wife to pack me juicy fruit gum she must have mis-heard .22 gun.

Some thing like This happened about 13 years ago in a taunton gun buy back program except it was multiple guns. The captian of police at the time took numerous guns home from a gun buy back program he was in charge of. I dont know if he was ever convicted of it but he lost his job and all his pension. It was too

I don't see why this is a problem.

I do - the lady refused his offer to buy the revolver and he took it under the pretense that it was going to the police, then kept it.

I hate seeing any gun destroyed, and I wish more states would pass laws that require that guns bought back from people "uncomfortable" with them be sold at auction... but if the facts presented in the article are true, this is simply theft.

I do - the lady refused his offer to buy the revolver and he took it under the pretense that it was going to the police, then kept it.

I hate seeing any gun destroyed, and I wish more states would pass laws that require that guns bought back from people "uncomfortable" with them be sold at auction... but if the facts presented in the article are true, this is simply theft.

That same lady probably doesn't want you to have a gun either.

There a woman that picks through my trash every week. I don't want anything I put there. She does.

That same lady probably doesn't want you to have a gun either.

There a woman that picks through my trash every week. I don't want anything I put there. She does.

Gun buyouts where the guns are destroyed make me sick (just like the government destroying crops to keep prices up, etc.) and I have zero sympathy for any person who would destroy a valuable tool because she stupidly thinks it's evil/dangerous.

All that does not make it right for the police officer in question to steal her revolver.

Gun buyouts where the guns are destroyed make me sick (just like the government destroying crops to keep prices up, etc.) and I have zero sympathy for any person who would destroy a valuable tool because she stupidly thinks it's evil/dangerous.

All that does not make it right for the police officer in question to steal her revolver.

He didn't steal it anymore than that bag lady steals my trash every week.

He didn't steal it anymore than that bag lady steals my trash every week.

One could argue that point - the guns were turned in (transferred) to the PD, not left on public property, but I am not a lawyer so I will let it be. After all, we can always hash the finer points of this situation over a beer if we ever meet in person.

One could argue that point - the guns were turned in (transferred) to the PD, not left on public property, but I am not a lawyer so I will let it be. After all, we can always hash the finer points of this situation over a beer if we ever meet in person.

I wasn't arguing the legality, anyway. I just personally don't have a problem with it.

In Lawrence (and I heard Lowell), they help themselves to guns that were turned in or confiscated for whatever legal or personal reasons. A documented example in Lawrence showed a former police chief taking a Browning A-5 12 gauge shotgun and a Browning BDA semi-auto .380 pistol for his own collection. He claimed that, as chief, it was his right to do so. Needless to say, it stirred up a lot of controversy.

Back
Top Bottom