Scanner software

After putting it off for way to long I finally got my hands dirty and programmed my Uniden handheld scanner. I used Freescan and radio reference. I'm located on Cape Cod so the one system I got entered is MSP Upper and Mid Cape. I wanted my town and some near me along with the State Police. I got it working but somehow there was more than a few talkgroups I didn't want. I looked through the system I created and didn't see them listed. I guess my first question would be am I using the right software? Will I have an easier/better experience with another type? All of the unwanted talkgroups were listed by number and not agency name. Is there a way to create a system that has most Cape Cod towns by name so that if I find myself there I can just tune to it? Thanks in advance for your help.

OK. I'm not familiar with that scanner. I use the 396xt along with the Butel Arc-xt software. If someone cannot help here, I suggest posting on RR, as the Freescan author seems to be very active there.

I have not used FreeScan to program my radios, but a quick search found a video (programming MA State PD no less).

http://youtu.be/BZ5SkYzbqWA?t=3m39s

The link brings you to a bookmarked part of the video. Check your ID mode in your settings. The video should explain it well. It sounds to me you might be in ID Search mode, as opposed to ID scan mode. Check out the video.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies. I have my handheld up and running as well as my new BC15X. I'm beginning to understand the programming. I have a question you may be able to answer. I'm located on Cape Cod, when setting up a system to save do I include all three repeater sites or just the one closest to me? Is there a way to find out where the sites are located? Thanks in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom