Scamed on Paypal

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was scammed on Paypal/Ebay and their is nothing I can do, the system is rigged.

I sold an Apple watch, received the Paypal payment paid ok to ship message, then I shipped it. The next day I get the unauthorized payment, under review.

All it stated in the resolution center for my actions was review. Their was nothing written that stated anything other than Paypal under review, I shipped via Ebay mail so they had the tracking number and that it was shipped and delivered.

Then today Paypal reversed the payment. I had no chance to state my case, they gave me no reason. I see no option to appeal.

I'm pissed I'm out the watch and money and will never use Ebay or Paypal again. How can they send me payment made, go ahead and ship if they can't verify it. Isn't that the point of using Paypal. I might as well accept a Nigerian check.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately I have only had a few issues using Ebay and Paypal. It did take a couple of days but they always made it right. So you filed a claim and they denied it?

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it was to a validated address and they said ok to ship I thought it was their issue? If this is not the case they thats a huge issue!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got ripped off by PayPal too. I ordered a Mantis Hunting Saddle. Long story short they company charged me before and has since never shipped the item. PayPal refused to give me my money back. I had to initiate a charge back with my CC..

PayPal is most definitaly not on your side!!!

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My guess is the card was stolen and the true card holder or fraud unit for the bank/issuer detected it and reversed it.
I know a couple years ago my CC company contacted me to verify I had ordered $800 worth of computer stuff off of Newegg when I had not and they reversed the charges.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used to sell a bunch of my unneeded stuff on ebay back in the day. Luckily, I never had a problem. These days, I hear far too many problems like you experienced. I'll never use that platform to sell again. I try to avoid purchasing through them at all costs as well

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My guess is the card was stolen and the true card holder or fraud unit for the bank/issuer detected it and reversed it.
I know a couple years ago my CC company contacted me to verify I had ordered $800 worth of computer stuff off of Newegg when I had not and they reversed the charges.
Yes but in this case, PayPal shouldn't make it the problem of the seller. The seller has no ability to verify the validity of the stolen CC.... That is supposed to be PayPals job.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I used to have B's season tix. When they won the Cup in 2011 the guy next to me got screwed out of almost $1k selling a set of Cup Final tickets using PayPal. Game was over and buyer used a hacked account. He ended up eating those tickets. PayPal sucks and I closed my account a while back. It may limit my buying options a little, but I refuse to deal with them for the scam risk as well as their shitty left-wing policies. F PooPal!

quincy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that once they say ok to ship, hold the goods for an additional three or four days and see how the payment goes.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I guess that once they say ok to ship, hold the goods for an additional three or four days and see how the payment goes.
You can challenge an unauthorized charge a month later. So, it may be a long wait before the seller can be sure it is safe to ship.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Like many other people asked, was the address verified? If not, you probably lose.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How does Paypal not have protocols in place to handle this shit???

This almost happened to me a year ago. Sold an item off craigslist, and the dude wanted me to ship it him and pay via paypal (even offered to pay more than asking). My 6th sense kicked in and I bailed immediately. It's sad that many others fall for this.

Paypal should really have a safety net in place, like sellers insurance or something. Any CC company wouldve taken care of this.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This just got more bizarre. The buyer just left positive feedback stating fast shipping and item as described.

Either they are trolling me for one last laugh or they have no idea and Paypal or someone at Paypal is stealing.

So I sent the buyer an email letting him know the payment was reversed and please make payment or send the watch back. I don't expect this to happen but it's worth a shot.

Coda

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This just got more bizarre. The buyer just left positive feedback stating fast shipping and item as described.

Either they are trolling me for one last laugh or they have no idea and Paypal or someone at Paypal is stealing.

So I sent the buyer an email letting him know the payment was reversed and please make payment or send the watch back. I don't expect this to happen but it's worth a shot.
With any luck at all maybe the buyer will turn out to be an honest person like yourself and this will turn out to be a PayPal screw up. Hope it works out for you.....

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If you contact Ebay customer support by PHONE you will have to fight a good bit but they will eventually return your funds (without penalizing the buyer, unfortunately).

I recently sold a part "Manufacturer unknown, has European stamps and markings, no returns" and the buyer contested the purchase because "Hey this isn't made by a specific American company - it's from Spain!" - Ebay sided with him (borderline retarded, I know), and took my money and item. He sent me an empty envelope as a "return". After much fighting, Ebay let him keep the money and the item, but also gave me my money back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that eBay and PayPal are two separate entities now. eBay is moving towards direct credit card payments.

I would open a case on eBay for non-payment. Let them and PayPal battle it out.
You know those pages of terms everyone agrees to without reading? Well, go read them, review with a lawyer, then let me know what recourse I have (hint: it no recourse).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe that eBay and PayPal are two separate entities now. eBay is moving towards direct credit card payments.

I would open a case on eBay for non-payment. Let them and PayPal battle it out.
Thanks to Carl Icahn, yes paypal is a separate company from ebay.

That sucks , I thought PayPal and Ebay are supposed to have buyer and seller protections ?
Paypal has been long known to protect a buyer far better than protecting a seller.

Top Bottom