• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scam Dealer Website

Probably something you all know about already but just on the off chance I figured I mention it anyway.

Came across a scam site the other day. Tavor TS12 for Sale - Peace Maker - Gun Shop

Big red flag, the site does not take credit cards. A little looking for reviews found they take your money and do not deliver (as expected)....

They had the Tavor TS12 in stock and ready to ship, that was clue #1, clue #2 was they were not collecting tax, then when I saw they wouldn't take a CC, I was off looking for confirmation it was a scam and it didn't take long.

I suspect this is old new here but I figure better safe than sorry, so I'm posting the PSA...

Sorry if this is old news.

Jason

I came across the same site a couple weeks ago and agree, it looks like a scam. What confirmation did you find?

Not taking credits cards for a gun shop is conclusive of, well, not taking credit cards. I have no opinion over the shop you have posted the link to but I will comment on credit cards.

I am a gun shop and I will take credit cards in person only. The problem is credit card processors. They hate gun shops. They think internet gun purchases mean you are shipping directly to the buyer and they will cancel your ability to process. Ask me how I know?

Yes, you can find processors that will hold their nose and put up with you as a gun shop.

There are two types of processors, old economy and new economy. Old economy you have to sign up with all possible card types individually and potentially pay monthly fees to each. You dont know how much a swipe costs until you get billed because if the person has a cash back card, they charge you for that cash back.

New economy are the likes of paypal, square, etc. They are sign up once, no monthly fees, all swipes have a fixed cost (including debit same as credit). For small time retailers, new economy processors are the only way to go. The problem is that new economy processors all hate guns. So...

Not taking CC over the phone or internet is proof that they dont take CC over the phone or internet.

The store in question seems to have a lot of guns in stock that are not elsewhere. I am a FFL but I do not have a store. I don't sell a lot of guns (DVDs mostly) but I have never had a problem with CC processing and they have all been online sales. There are processors out there that will do it.

As to the TS12. I think purchase and possession of one in MA by the unwashed is very high risk. I cant tell from your profile If you are MA or another state. In MA you are limited to 5 rounds in a shotgun or else it is large capacity. The feeding device on the TS12 is likely considered Large Capacity. The shotgun itself would not be a large capacity weapon if it was lever, slide, or pump action, but it is semi auto. So the weapon itself is large capacity. And it has a pistol grip so it falls into the definition of assault weapon (two features are large capacity and pistol grip).

Now some people and shops say, well, it is not large capacity because it has 3 5 shot tubes and you manually have to switch between them. This might or might not hold water. Personally I would not want to be the test case for this one.

So good luck

The store in question seems to have a lot of guns in stock that are not elsewhere. I am a FFL but I do not have a store. I don't sell a lot of guns (DVDs mostly) but I have never had a problem with CC processing and they have all been online sales. There are processors out there that will do it.
Yes, there are old economy processors that will deal with gun shops. Do you know of any new economy ones that do? No monthly fees, flat rate per swipe (~3% for card, ~3.5% for keyed in)? I would love to know a new economy processor that does not have their head firmly up their ass.

After reading one paragraph of the first page I have no idea how anybody with 6 functioning brain cells could think it's a legit site.

They take Bitcoin in escrow for payment ? lol

I guess if you want something bad enough you overlook the obvious signs of a scam.

Cape Cod Gun Shop had one. Sold it yesterday. The guy on the phone told me I'd not be able to purchase it as an out of state person and if I had a friend in MA with an LTC, I could get that person to purchase it and then d a transfer with my local FFL....
What's with the LTC? I don't need an LTC in RI to buy it....

Cape Cod Gun Shop had one. Sold it yesterday. The guy on the phone told me I'd not be able to purchase it as an out of state person and if I had a friend in MA with an LTC, I could get that person to purchase it and then d a transfer with my local FFL....
In MA, an LTC is needed for simple possession. (FID would be sufficient if it were a not large capacity shotgun)

They cannot sell directly to you. Allowed by federal law but not MA. At least in person. They could take your CC and ship to your FFL but it sounds like they did not want to.

Telling you to have a MA friend buy and transfer to a RI FFL for you is a straw purchase. That was moronic advice by the shop.

There are two types of processors, old economy and new economy. Old economy you have to sign up with all possible card types individually and potentially pay monthly fees to each. You dont know how much a swipe costs until you get billed because if the person has a cash back card, they charge you for that cash back.

New economy are the likes of paypal, square, etc. They are sign up once, no monthly fees, all swipes have a fixed cost (including debit same as credit). For small time retailers, new economy processors are the only way to go. The problem is that new economy processors all hate guns. So...

I didn't know that a shop gets charged for cash back...that sucks!

Also, when I bought my CZ-75 at Shooter's Outpost this past winter, I swiped my new C/C and it was declined. I knew it had nothing to with amount as the card account had just a couple of small charges on it. The guy behind the counter said it happens fairly often and that I should try keying it in. Voila! It worked. I don't understand why it works one way and not the other.

Honestly, I respect most owners of LGS's...the BS they have to put up with is chilling to me. They must really love what they do.

Also, when I bought my CZ-75 at Shooter's Outpost this past winter, I swiped my new C/C and it was declined. I knew it had nothing to with amount as the card account had just a couple of small charges on it. The guy behind the counter said it happens fairly often and that I should try keying it in. Voila! It worked. I don't understand why it works one way and not the other.

Honestly, I respect most owners of LGS's...the BS they have to put up with is chilling to me. They must really love what they do.
You dont think the 2% cash back gets paid for by the bank that issued the credit card, did you? :) it comes right out of the pocket of the retailer. Of if you use the new economy processor, it is part of the fixed date. So instead of charging me 4% to cover the 2% cash back they charge me the same 3% they charge for a debit card. Debit cards are 0% at an old economy processor. it all averages out.

If you are small retailer, you want new economy processor as the fees are predictable and you dont have monthly fees, only fixed percentages per swipe.

Old economy it costs me $20/mo for the ability to swipe visa, and 1.45% per swipe plus 0.35 plus another 1% if it is a premium card and another 1% if they offer cash back and another 0.5% if I key it in versus swipe and... Good luck figuring out what that swipe costs you before you do it. Old economy processors are designed for super markets and walmart.

Not taking CC over the phone or internet is proof that they dont take CC over the phone or internet.
It is also proof you have no recourse to reverse payment if you are stiffed.

If you are fine giving the vendor all the power should (s)he fail to deliver, non-CC payment is acceptable.

Last edited:
The reviews are clearly fabricated and include the same punctuation errors. One of them mentions oxycodone. hmm...maybe OP can scam him back with ibuprofen tablets.

It's not a matter of directly paying the entire 1%, 2% or whatever but by paying based on the "level" of the card. "Signature" below the Visa logo on a card co$t$ the merchand, Signature Preferred or Infinite co$t$ more, etc. It also depends on the vendor type - Gas stations and utilities do not pay more for premium Visa card use. I believe MasterCard has something similar. AMEX hammers so hard on the fee that retail vendors tend to hate that company.

The reviews are clearly fabricated and include the same punctuation errors. One of them mentions oxycodone. hmm...maybe OP can scam him back with ibuprofen tablets.

Come on now, everyone received their package on time!

As to the TS12. I think purchase and possession of one in MA by the unwashed is very high risk. I cant tell from your profile If you are MA or another state. In MA you are limited to 5 rounds in a shotgun or else it is large capacity. The feeding device on the TS12 is likely considered Large Capacity. The shotgun itself would not be a large capacity weapon if it was lever, slide, or pump action, but it is semi auto. So the weapon itself is large capacity. And it has a pistol grip so it falls into the definition of assault weapon (two features are large capacity and pistol grip).

Now some people and shops say, well, it is not large capacity because it has 3 5 shot tubes and you manually have to switch between them. This might or might not hold water. Personally I would not want to be the test case for this one.

So good luck
If it’s tube fed, nobody cares.... nobody In MA has ever been indicted for a tube fed shotgun LCAFD. Honestly I don’t think the feds ever did either. You could buy shotguns that held more than five rounds of ammo that were semi automatic during the AWB.... (rem 1100. 1187, etc) Not sure why but the feds never seemed to care about that either on a shotgun unless it involved an actual detachable magazine ... Also I realize that Glidden is pretty much a jackass, but basically his claim was always something like, that there “would never be a tube fed shotgun prosecution, because if you remove the tube from the shotgun it would no longer capable of holding ammunition, and it’s not an “ammunition feeding device... “. “

Last edited:
also worth mentioning that rt 95 deli ticket emporium, And a couple of other extremely risk-averse shops that I won’t name in mass and other nearby states, will gladly sell you a large cap tube fed shotgun without any hesitation.... There’s obviously some gnomish mysticism going on with this issue because institutionally going back as long as I can remember this was never a problem....

Peacemaker will sell you a nice Glock 43, Double 9mm (whatever that is) for $220.

Home / Handguns / Glock PI4350201 G43 Double 9mm 3.4″ FS Integral Grip Black

🔍
Glock PI4350201 G43 Double 9mm
Glock-PI4350201-G43-Double-9mm-3.4.jpg

Glock PI4350201 G43 Double 9mm 3.4″ FS Integral Grip Black
Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1customer rating
(1 customer review)
$220.00
Glock PI4350201 G43 Double 9mm 3.4" FS Integral Grip Black quantity
Add to cart
Category: Handguns Tags: Beretta, guns, steel

Their website lists their address as North Sierra St in Reno Nevada 89503