• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scam artist alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 20 online vendors including Target Sports, Ammo Depot, and many others that send me emails every day and purport to sell ammo at a discounted price and WILL ship it to Massachusetts to your home address. I thought Healy had said that they could not do such a delivery. Have long suspected that an outfit that does not list a telephone number or street address that was selling only online was most likely a scammer. Also suspect that many that have bought that really reasonable 9 mm for 40 cents a round--and have not heard anything except the cash register ringing out against their credit card. A lot of folks that get scammed, especially for a large amount, are too ashamed of being had, to talk about it--and, I understand. Would be interesting to know if anyone has actually received ammo from one of these out-of-staters just for curiosities sake. No, no names please. Maybe a "I know a person who.................... all hearsay stuff, etc., etc., etc." Healy is running for Governor now and if she grabs a couple of these outfits (if they actually made a delivery) it would score her a lot of points with the gun haters in MA. If these outfits are willing to announce that they are going to violate State Law, they should not be trusted with my money, and won't be until I hear that they are actually making the promised deliveries. That's about it and now is the time that I guess I should brace myself for the online attack that many of you readers out there live for and which I have just provided to you the material necessary to pull it off. Enjoy. Honky.

I have about 20 online vendors including Target Sports, Ammo Depot, and many others that send me emails every day and purport to sell ammo at a discounted price and WILL ship it to Massachusetts to your home address. I thought Healy had said that they could not do such a delivery. Have long suspected that an outfit that does not list a telephone number or street address that was selling only online was most likely a scammer. Also suspect that many that have bought that really reasonable 9 mm for 40 cents a round--and have not heard anything except the cash register ringing out against their credit card. A lot of folks that get scammed, especially for a large amount, are too ashamed of being had, to talk about it--and, I understand. Would be interesting to know if anyone has actually received ammo from one of these out-of-staters just for curiosities sake. No, no names please. Maybe a "I know a person who.................... all hearsay stuff, etc., etc., etc." Healy is running for Governor now and if she grabs a couple of these outfits (if they actually made a delivery) it would score her a lot of points with the gun haters in MA. If these outfits are willing to announce that they are going to violate State Law, they should not be trusted with my money, and won't be until I hear that they are actually making the promised deliveries. That's about it and now is the time that I guess I should brace myself for the online attack that many of you readers out there live for and which I have just provided to you the material necessary to pull it off. Enjoy. Honky.
tenor-1.gif

Last edited:
endoplasmic reticulum

Another one?
Who the hell are these long time members that don’t have a f-ing clue?
Go back and hide in your basement and quit posting!

Just so you know, if you use a credit card for the purchase. You are 100% protected ALL credit card companies offer free fraud protection. They have multi billion dollar insurance policies for this exact same reason. Credit cards immediately give you back all of your money within minutes. They own the problem 100% they fight so hard for their own money. But you are 100% safe.

Edit: only a weak fool would use a debit card. You will never get your money back, and you need to involve the police and file reports, but your money is pretty much gone.

These kinds of outfits?

AC6BA572-8950-486E-8B63-89AB3B0C4E3F.jpeg

DwFWXAmVYAMU2qH.jpg

Just so you know, if you use a credit card for the purchase. You are 100% protected ALL credit card companies offer free fraud protection. They have multi billion dollar insurance policies for this exact same reason. Credit cards immediately give you back all of your money within minutes. They own the problem 100% they fight so hard for their own money. But you are 100% safe.

Edit: only a weak fool would use a debit card. You will never get your money back, and you need to involve the police and file reports, but your money is pretty much gone.
You will find that many of these "too good to be true" vendors use "non recourse" payment systems (ones that have no mechanism by which a defrauded customer can claw back the payment). That is a bright red flag for me. So, if they charge 3% for a mainstream credit card - I view that as an insurance premium.

I am familiar with a situation in which an org ordered about $20K in printing from an Indonesian company. The company refused to ship without payment, and would not take Amex or any other credit card - only non-retrievable wired funds. The buyer stood firm and told the seller "There is no way we are paying in advance with a payment mechanism that offers us no protection; if you do not agree to CC or post-delivery wired funds, you can keep the order". The seller relented.

The quality was excellent, but there was a typo in the org address on the back cover of the books. It turns out the buyer's reaction was "No big deal, quality is excellent" and had no desire to reject the order. I figure the seller knew about this error and feared the buyer would refuse the product, so he started playing games.

Reactions: AHM
You will find that many of these "too good to be true" vendors use "non recourse" payment systems (ones that have no mechanism by which a defrauded customer can claw back the payment). That is a bright red flag for me. So, if they charge 3% for a mainstream credit card - I view that as an insurance premium.

I am familiar with a situation in which an org ordered about $20K in printing from an Indonesian company. The company refused to ship without payment, and would not take Amex or any other credit card - only non-retrievable wired funds. The buyer stood firm and told the seller "There is no way we are paying in advance with a payment mechanism that offers us no protection; if you do not agree to CC or post-delivery wired funds, you can keep the order". The seller relented.

The quality was excellent, but there was a typo in the org address on the back cover of the books. It turns out the buyer's reaction was "No big deal, quality is excellent" and had no desire to reject the order. I figure the seller knew about this error and feared the buyer would refuse the product, so he started playing games.
I bet since it was from Indonesia - the price was unbeatable compared to a US company.

It was worth the mistake I bet.

On the trool again, huh?
You've been a member here for a dozen years and a third of your posts are in this thread.

The answer to your question is in the 605 page Targetsportsusa.com thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom