• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SBR's

OK I have the hots to build an SBR. I know... I know but I'm a masochist.

The lower is a cake walk. Now we come to the upper. Well that's not a cake walk. I want a 11" barrel. The upper receiver is no problem for me. BUT when I get forward of the upper receiver I'm a NooB. Suggestions? What am I in for with a shorty?

Please don't lecture me on the NFA paperwork I already have that covered.

What are you in for?
A lot more fun, noise, fire, and concussion.

A vortex or blackout will kill the flash, the new Saker 3 prong FH has no "ping" though.

That's the length of my upper.The down side is it's a bit louder and loses about 300 fps. The up side is it's fun and if I want to hit something far away, I use something else.

That's the length of my upper.The down side is it's a bit louder and loses about 300 fps. The up side is it's fun and if I want to hit something far away, I use something else.

I want it for maneuvering inside a dwelling and throwing down some fire power in CQ. It's for the wife. Trust me my wife is Rambo. The only way they are taking her out is in a body bag. Sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep at night [rofl]

Last edited:
I've been contemplating SBRing my recently completed UMP but don't have the funds. If you got the $200 now just send in your paperwork. Also incase your CLEO wont sign off you can wait, I believe the atf is doing g new forms to remove their signature

I have wanted one of these for a long time. I carried one as a Combat Controller in the 70's. Perhaps not the most practical rifle but that is not the point. Of course I would update it with an A2 lower but that's about the extent of the changes I would make.

GAU-5A.jpg

I have wanted one of these for a long time. I carried one as a Combat Controller in the 70's. Perhaps not the most practical rifle but that is not the point. Of course I would update it with an A2 lower but that's about the extent of the changes I would make.

View attachment 56005

That's pretty close but I want but I want a flat top. I'll put a light weight EOtech on it and give it to the wife. She's my backup.

That's pretty close but I want but I want a flat top. I'll put a light weight EOtech on it and give it to the wife. She's my backup.

Now that you mention it, a flat top receiver would be more flexible.

Where do I get my SBR paperwork?

I have an Adams Arms PDW 7.5 inch in 5.56. I am a fan of piston systems, I only own one DI gun (Daewoo K1A1). It has eaten everything I have fed it. Running a short vertical grip now but am going to switch to LaRue hand stops I think.

Adams Arms - PDW Tactical Elite

I got mine for under $800 on the open market. The rail is very nice. My favorite rifle now.

What's the question?

They are fun. They are loud. Do it!

I like 10 inch myself. Still reasonably accurate. I also like using a midlength rail over a low profile carbine length gas block and a rail mounted front sight. Nothing hot to touch (well, no hotter than the rail gets at an NES shoot):
Down or upside depending on your opinion is "FIREBALL!" with some ammo:
fireball.jpg

short.jpg

My paperwork took 13 months the guy I got was very picky and once got sent back with my form and a different guys fingerprints and other stupid stuff like that. It's worth the wait. Wonder what the wait is now?

Back
Top Bottom