• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sbr questions MA

Can’t seem to get a definite answer. Can you form 1 any of the following pistols/pdw into a sbr and have the ffl hold onto them while the tax stamp arrives? I know you can sbr a sig rattler/ mcx etc but I’m looking for other options.

Ruger PC Charger 9mm Takedown Pistol 6.5"

ANGSTADT Arms PSTL 9MM 6

Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW 300 BLK 7" Barrel

CMMG Banshee 300 MKG 45 ACP

The easiest way would be to buy an AR lower or complete rifle with a 16+ inch barrel, send in your Form 1, then buy a short barrel upper when it comes back approved. I am not familiar with the new process for NFA stuff, everything I did was before trusts required fingerprints for trustees or the notification of chief LEO requirement. The ATF will for sure approve a 5320 (address change form) from out of state to MA for SBRs if you include a copy of your LTC card though.

So when considering a SBR build/mod the lower is registered as a SBR? Then you can add the short barrel? Is that correct? Also, can you buy the barrel first but not attach to the lower? Or is that no-no??

So when considering a SBR build/mod the lower is registered as a SBR? Then you can add the short barrel? Is that correct? Also, can you buy the barrel first but not attach to the lower? Or is that no-no??
The serial number on the AR lower is what is registered and the lower is engraved (they just changed or are just changing the rules and we can’t engrave the barrel any longer)

If you have other SBRs feel free to acquire the short barrel before you get your tax stamp (but don’t assemble with the unregistered lower). If it’s your first SBR hold off on the barrel until you have your tax stamp. While the risk is low, constructive possession is a thing with the fedbois.

I bought my SBR upper before getting the stamp because the upper I wanted was out of stock for a bit so I wanted to make sure I could get it. I just made sure to store it away from my lowers

Back
Top Bottom