• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SBR FN PS90?

LR308_GNR

NES Member
I'm looking to pick up a PS90 and when I get it, I would like to immediately start the process of SBR'ing.

I haven't performed a SBR in Massachusetts since 2008...

What has changed?
With the new rulings how bad have things been slowed down?
Is it even possible for a PS90?

I never did sbr my ps90, its totally possible.
Time will be getting better..id plan on 6 months to a year.
I did all my stamps at the worst possible time and it was more than a year wait.

I wish i had done mine into my trust rather than individually, but the trust route is a real pain in the ass, but to me it would have been worth the benefits.

Side note. P90 are so slick. It might be the best full auto for a first timer.
I hate plastic stuff...love the p90.. its incredibly simple once you get past the goofy mag, which is also slick.

The only change (other than the federal stuff) is the BATFE requires proof any ARs being SBRed are pre-Healyban.

Got the PS90 in finally... Aluminum trigger, hammer and spring upgrade, oversized cocking handle and ultra low optic mount with Trijicon MRO.

All upgrades completed within 2 hrs of the PS90 entering my house. [banana]

Now the slow journey to SBRville starts... hopefully I can get the paperwork submitted within the week. [thumbsup]

CMMG barrel is the way to go for a Form 1 SBR PS90, it's only slightly more expensive than having the barrel cut down.

I had McWillis (TROS) do all the work and transfer it on a Form-4. This was less expensive in total, but did mean the rifle spent 8 months in "NFA Jail" before I could shoot it.

Still have not decided which way I want to go.

Some say the CMMG barrel is not as accurate as the FN barrel, then there is the decision on muzzle brake or factory comp. Pretty sure I'll have plenty of time to ponder while the Form 1 is out.

Im currently in the process of making a p90 out of my ps90 and have been looking for a FA disconnector- any suggestions for a reasonable parts source?
I would also like to get your take on optics mounts- I currently have the illuminated factory circle/cross which is not ideal. Was thinking about a low pic rail with red dot- any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom