SBR Buffer

I run a H2 buffer, FA BC and a carbine spring on my 10.3" DD MK18 barreled upper and it eats everything I run through it. Even before my ALG trigger install, when I had a DPMS lpk, it had no issues with low powered Russian .223 up to 77 gr OTM.

Ask the barrel manufacturer what buffer they recommend. I know that Spikes optimizes their gas ports for their ST-T2 buffer, and that's what I use with my 11.5" Spikes/FN barrel.

I run a H3 in my 7.5" without any issues. When I first assembled the rifle, I ran a H without any issue, also. When you say standard, do you mean carbine? That may be too light but of course you have to try to see. I have an extra H if you want it. It's a no name cheapo buffer.

i run a spike's H2 buffer and an auto bolt carrier as well. so far so good with only a few malfunctions. the can usually makes it worse pressure-wise though.

i run a spike's H2 buffer and an auto bolt carrier as well. so far so good with only a few malfunctions. the can usually makes it worse pressure-wise though.

Same, I don't even buy semi carriers (except for a couple NIBx ones I got by accident). I think a complete Spike's kit (receiver extension, end plate, castle nut, spring, T2 buffer) runs around $70, so unless there's a functionality issue I don't see a reason to buy anything else.

BCM's mil spec carbine buffer kit is $58 with a standard buffer or $70 with a heavy buffer; their stuff is usually as good as Spike's so if you can't find one in stock try the other.

BCM Buffers on their own:
H
H2
H3

Last edited:
more cushion for the pushin'.

Ha. Awesome. I'll put it on the list. My rail showed up today. It's almost looking like something.

Here's a completely unrelated question... To cerakote or not to cerakote? I was initially thinking patriot brown.. And then I thought painting a gun seems kinda silly.. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom