1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Saying goodbye to my best friend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RumRunner, Oct 13, 2018.

1. watchman

watchman

Hardest part of having a dog, a real friend, is making that "decision". I have made it many times with too many regrets and it wears on the soul. Sorry about your friend.

2. looser38

looser38 NES Member

My most sincere condolences, we put our boy down last September after 14 memorable years. It's one of the hardest things to swallow, but you did the right thing. Memories last a lifetime.

3. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

Sorry for your loss, and may you always cherish the good memories you had together.

4. Live-a-Little

Live-a-Little NES Member

Damn bud, so sorry for you. This is one of my biggest fears anytime a pet has to get surgery. You did the right thing, but that never makes it easier. Just know it was the companionate thing to do and that she had a great life with you. It sucks not being able to say goodbye, but she knows you loved her.

5. RumRunner

RumRunner NES Member

Thanks everyone. I knew this would be tough and have not been looking forward to this day. But wow, it's a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Losing anyone is hard, but it just seems to be at another level when you spend every day with them. I will never forget her, but I do hope I get past the part of expecting to see her in all her usual spots around the house and yard all the time.

6. CoastieRon

CoastieRon NES Member

I'm so sorry.

7. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

Ugh so sorry for your loss.

8. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles NES Member

I'm so sorry for your loss RumRunner. These pups are an extension of our families and we treat them like children as they are, but when it's time to go we are never prepared as much as we think we are.

Shit man, I thought I was good but I am literally holding back the tears here at my desk. Sorry Rum.

9. fmyspray

fmyspray NES Member

You are a good man, which is why you feel badly to tears about RumRunners loss. Anyone who has ever had a special pet knows the end is so hard to take. I loathe the day I have make that decision with my chocolate. We all feel your pain RumRunner. God Bless.

Dip Dungles likes this.
  10. appraiser

appraiser NES Member

11. Qwikdraw45

Qwikdraw45 NES Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are family, so I can imagine the hurt. May she rest in peace, and healing begin with you and yours. God bless you all.

12. MaxStravinsky

MaxStravinsky NES Member

So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl. You were both lucky.

13. Deutsche_Dog

Deutsche_Dog NES Member

Sorry for your loss. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I've lost many canine friends in my 50+ years and it never gets easy. I loved them all.

14. CC driver

CC driver NES Member

I feel your pain, brother! Just 10 days ago, I had to put my beloved man's-best-friend to sleep and it was an excruciating experience. My boy's name was Jaguar and he was a rescue when I adopted him over 8 years ago. The vet called it "Hemangiosarcoma" and while there's certainly a medical definition, in reality it meant he didn't have a chance and there was really only one option. I know it was the humane thing to do, but it didn't help much at the time.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers

048.JPG

Choctaw likes this.
  15. md2020

md2020 NES Member

Sorry for your loss of your furry daughter, Coco.:emoji_cry: