• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Say a prayer for your country tonight.

Not trying to push R, D, or even L. Not trying to force religion.
If you love America, please say a prayer for your country!
These are tough times and America she needs the help.

smitty

Hows this?

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever. - Thomas Jefferson

Too real?

I will! I really want this country to turn around, no matter who becomes president. Its going to be 1 of those 2 guys I'm not voting for though.

I pray for a reincarnation of R. Reagan all the time.
We ain't going anywhere with the crapola we are supposed to vote for, right now.

I pray for my country, have many times, but I pray for the children of our great nation, for it is not theirs to blame for the reasons we pray, but it will be theirs to suffer if we don't get it right.

KennethWVT , 73 posts really?
You spoke your mind , so now go piss off.

I said that I wasn't trying to push religion on anyone.
You believe or don't believe in anything you damn want to.
Be as holy or godless as you want to be.

To each their own something most atheist just don't get.

smitty

Not trying to push R, D, or even L. Not trying to force religion.
If you love America, please say a prayer for your country!
These are tough times and America she needs the help.

smitty

Well said Smitty. I love America and we pray constantly about the future that lies ahead. Most Americans can agree we are not heading in a good direction, and a lot of people become uneasy when you really stop and look at what's going on in the world. I agree it's really beyond politics, we're all in this together. Love the Thomas Jefferson quote. It's remarkable to think our Founding Fathers predicted where America would be one day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature." - Benjamin Franklin

If you are lucky enough to be able to hang around this forum for a while you are going to find out that the vast majority of NESers do not "prey" upon others. We may disagree with liberals, progressives, and others of their ilk but we don't visit gratuitous violence upon them.

However, if they try to harm us, then all bets are off.

How bout you guys go out tonight and prey on some libritards instead of praying to a magic man in the sky?

I don't pray, but maybe we all could use a little hope. I certainly do want others to pray, because we need all the help we can get.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
Samuel Adams

KennethWVT , 73 posts really?
You spoke your mind , so now go piss off.

I said that I wasn't trying to push religion on anyone.
You believe or don't believe in anything you damn want to.
Be as holy or godless as you want to be.

To each their own something most atheist just don't get.

smitty

See my above response to Kenneth. I get it Smitty and I am an atheist but my reaction was definitely NOT similar to Kenneth's.

I apologize if my post was offensive, as it was not the intent. Rather I was trying to focus on the idea of taking action for the country. I was obviously being facetious about "preying" on liberals, but the action I expect to be taken is voting and making your voice heard. Unfortunately NES has made me more sarcastic and snarky over the last few months than ever before.

I respect freedom of religion, but that doesn't mean I have to think religion isn't ridiculous.

How bout you guys go out tonight and prey on some libritards instead of praying to a magic man in the sky?

If you didn't agree with the thread, why not just ignore it rather than insult others? I don't bash anyone else if they're not religious. Kenneth you're a perfect example as to why this country is so divided. Be it politics, religion, etc. Why can't we just unite on the fact that we're all concerned Americans reflecting where we are today and hoping, or for those that pray, praying for a better future?

I have to admit, I guarantee you guys have much more wisdom to offer me than I have to offer you. I am very young, and I have so much more to learn. This election year has head my head spinning as I try to learn what I do and don't believe. Sometimes that manifests itself as ignorance, because often I am ignorant. I am truly grateful for all of the opinions that I get to see on this site that I didn't have before I joined, and I have to learn to give more respect to differing opinions. Thank you all for voting tomorrow and caring about this country.

Back
Top Bottom