• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sawed Off Shotgun on Space Station

“In 1965, two cosmonauts overshot their touchdown site by 1,200 miles and found themselves deep in a forest with hungry wolves. That's when Russian space officials decided to pack a sawed-off shotgun aboard every spacecraft. It took Russian search crews more than two hours to locate the spacecraft and another two hours for helicopters to get support crews to the landing site.”

Wouldn't you stay inside the capsule if wolves were around?

JonJ said:
Neat bit of trivia.
I would have guessed that the sawed-off would be for Space Zombies!

Naaa Everyone knows you would rather have an AK for Space Zombies!

Adam

JonJ said:
Neat bit of trivia.
I would have guessed that the sawed-off would be for Space Zombies!
If I was one of the first guys in Space I would have a small armory with me. [wink]

Inside a Soyuz spacecraft... now that would be an interesting situation to have an AD or ND.

"Commrade Yuri... hold my vodka and watch this"

As far as the ISS....its only logical that they stow weapons up there..
its a quasi-military installation to begin with. its mere location coupled with the nature of some of the testing and operations being performed onboard i would imagine make it imperitive for a flight crew to be able to defend the station or module in the event of the unforseen.
Id say its a safe bet to assume theres a cargo space with a couple titanium framed m4's onboard every space vehicle/station theirs ever been despite the obvious dangers.

robot_uprising.jpg

:)

SnakeEye said:
As far as the ISS....its only logical that they stow weapons up there..
its a quasi-military installation to begin with. its mere location coupled with the nature of some of the testing and operations being performed onboard i would imagine make it imperitive for a flight crew to be able to defend the station or module in the event of the unforseen.
Id say its a safe bet to assume theres a cargo space with a couple titanium framed m4's onboard every space vehicle/station theirs ever been despite the obvious dangers.

OOOOOoooooOEEEEEEEeeeOOOOooooo

alien.gif

[smile] [smile]

Question is, did they strew powerups around the space station? Personally, I'd rather have the BFG500 or railgun. Shotty is oldschool, but it's too easy to get overwhelmed by monsters.

M1911,

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, imagine for a moment that you happen to be the only astronaut on the space station when the Alpha Centaurians start their attack...

Well, they're going to catch you by surprise at first, and you'll probably have to brain a few with a handy wrench or maglight. But if you're good enough you should be able to fight your way to the shotgun and the few boxes of shells scattered around. Don't forget the first aid kit under the sink--and I bet you'll want to pick up a space suit as well. Blast a gory path through the waves of invaders to the docked space shuttle and you'll have a choice: either descend and save New York or take the fight to their mothership...

Jeremiah said:
M1911,

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, imagine for a moment that you happen to be the only astronaut on the space station when the Alpha Centaurians start their attack...

Well, they're going to catch you by surprise at first, and you'll probably have to brain a few with a handy wrench or maglight. But if you're good enough you should be able to fight your way to the shotgun and the few boxes of shells scattered around. Don't forget the first aid kit under the sink--and I bet you'll want to pick up a space suit as well. Blast a gory path through the waves of invaders to the docked space shuttle and you'll have a choice: either descend and save New York or take the fight to their mothership...

The way you guys talk, sounds like an IDPA stage. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom