• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saved by a bear

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Alaska son Mark, on his off the grid 70 acres in Fritz Creek, next to Homer, was in his barn getting his boat ready for fishing when a big momma moose and two babies came by. Momma, thinking that Mark may be a threat, came towards him. Just then a brown bear, who had been following the little ones showed up. Momma, thinking that the bear was more of a threat, went for the bear and Mark was able to beat feet to the house. He grabbed his .375 H&H and went out to give Momma a hand with the bear, but she had already sent him off. Just another day in the muskeg, sez Mark. Jack.

Alaska son Mark, on his off the grid 70 acres in Fritz Creek, next to Homer, was in his barn getting his boat ready for fishing when a big momma moose and two babies came by. Momma, thinking that Mark may be a threat, came towards him. Just then a brown bear, who had been following the little ones showed up. Momma, thinking that the bear was more of a threat, went for the bear and Mark was able to beat feet to the house. He grabbed his .375 H&H and went out to give Momma a hand with the bear, but she had already sent him off. Just another day in the muskeg, sez Mark. Jack.
Might want to rethink leaving the gun in the house.

To the locals "strapped" means a .338 win mag or .375 H&H on a sling. Mark's barn is only 40 ft or so from the house. Only the tourists carry handguns. Jack.
Well in the next town over Atz Lee carrys a hand gun and so does his Uncle Otto. I think it's a S&W 500 but I couldn't find a picture with Otto wearing it. I think they just carry them on cattle drives.

Attachments

• 20220525_171202.jpg
    20220525_171202.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom